Extra Inline Fuel filter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jjones82, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Hi guys, a while ago my megane developed the famous injector problem of misfiring at idle, i had them ultrasonicly cleaned and all was well again - for 2k miles anyway!
    The coughing is back! Although i haven't had the emissions light flash or an error code being thrown up yet i fear it won't be long.

I saw a post from liquidf1 (i think) who does the ultrasonic cleaning / exchange service saying that the same had happen to a customer of his within 5k miles and it appears to be due to the mk2 not having a proper fuel filter (apart from the in tank - non serviceable one).

So before i have to get my injectors cleaned again i got to thinking will adding in an extra inline fuel filter go some way to improving the lifespan of the injectors? Assuming it has a high enough flow rate to cope with the demands of the engine so it won't burn out the pump/ starve the engine of fuel etc.
    Has anyone tried this yet?
    Can anyone see any con's to what i'm thinking about doing? I was probably going to go for a 10micron filter element, although i've seen some go down to 1-2 micron.

Any suggestions/ comments would be appreciated!

Cheers

2. No one?

3. Hopefully it is not common.