R26 Extending/Moving oil filter location?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Frimley111R, May 20, 2018.

1. Has anyone done this? The oil filter is in a really crap location and I have seen other cars fit a plate with flexible oil pipes coming off it and connecting to a 'floating' oil filter. This seems like an idea solution but is it?

2. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

This was an idea I was considering a few months ago, I bought the sandwich plate but ended up deciding not to use it. Was also thinking about doing away with the oil / coolant exchanger at the same time and running a oil only radiator.
    Sure there are kits available for moving the oil filter housing, but where would you want to put it?

3. I considered it when I fitted my oil radiator, but as big uno says, couldn't really find anywhere useful to relocate it to, so just added a sandwich plate. When I do battery relocation, maybe then I'll look again at relocating the oil filter into the space created.

4. Ridiculous place for the filter..Just enough room to reach it from underneath,
    with a fkn Rad house directly under it.

Had to remove it the old fashioned way..by ramming a screwdriver through it!
    Couldnt get my filter clamp round it with the comedy tight space its in.

Big Uno likes this.
  5. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

I moved my battery and that was exactly what I was thinking, might go for it in the winter, too busy trying to get mine back on the road now :tearsofjoy:

Would be really interested to see if anybody has moved it though.

6. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

7. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

mavez likes this.