Experience with www.engine-dynamics.com any1?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dwarda, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

does any1 here have hands-on experience with these guys? According to their website they seem to be experienced with F4R engine-rebuilds etc. I'm thinking of getting my Megane 2RS engine forged in the UK....maybe. Or can you recommend a tuner who is able to do this properly?:confused:

Thanks!

Mat

2. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

yes they are a good company.

3. Very reputable and local company for me, never used them personally but only ever heard great things from a lot of my friends who have.

4. Are they experienced with the F4RT engine? Cause on their web and FB-site it looks like they do a lot of Clio's and other non-turbo engines:confused:

5. My mate had his 182 turbo'd by them a few years back, hasnt missed a beat. On track either.

6. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

the RS Clio is the same bare engine as the Megane RS.. they know what they're doing.

7. I have had remap and general servicing, just waiting for their rolling road to be finished then back in for turbo back fitted, 630 injectors and remap, local ish to me and they know these engines

8. Cal

Cal

I nearly went with them for a rebuild. The only reason I didn't was that a high spec pre built engine already worn in came up at a cheaper price and was ready for installation quicker.

The guys were absolutely superb with my endless emails and questions (I think there was a father / son or something?), and I've have no doubt in going there from the service I got over email.

Mattyt likes this.
  9. The problem is that I want to use CP-Carrillo pistons and FCP-Engineering con rods for my rebuild...and they don't stock these articles :confused: I'm a bit afraid of going with the PEC stuff...I want to use parts which are a bit more well known / high graded...Otherwise it seems like a lot of tuners in the uk use these parts for their rebuilds...I'm in two minds about it...:rolleyes:

10. Why not supply your own parts to them

11. Is that possible/common in the UK? If u ask to bring in your own parts in germany a lot of times the answer is a facepalm :smiley:

Note: please correct my grammar/phrases if u spot misstakes. I'm always happy to learn something new :tongueout:

12. I'm sure he will be more than happy to fit your own parts , I can't see why not at all

13. It's common place in the UK to turn up with a bag of parts and ask a man to fit them.

Anyone know what Paul charges for a forged build?

14. Another question: Is there a implied warranty on parts/offered services existing in the UK? If yes can you give me more details on it pls?!:smile:

15. Engine builds its at your own risk when you supply your own parts. They don't legally have to warrent the work

16. Engine build warranty is a hard one. As you'll have to prove the engine build was at fault not the mapping etc. would Dijon racing not be easy for you?

17. Yes would be an option if there weren't their extortionate prices! And yes they're from france but that doesn't mean that they're experienced with the F4RT engine...only cause they have build a M3RS which runs 500hp. I'm from germany but that doesn't mean I like Bier or Bratwurst :wink:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  18. The PEC stuff is fine. Honestly ! PEC is known in the UK.

19. The day we all speak as good German as you do English we have the right to correct you.

For now - keep going. No problems at all understanding.

20. Well..that's all I wanted to hear/read :wink: Joking.. To be honest the german language really sucks and is difficult to learn. Honestly what does it sound like for you? Can u describe it? :wink:

21. It sounds harsh and nasty the German language.

22. I would give anything to be able to speak German as well as you do English.

I love Germany and love the sound of the language, really wish I had learned in school as I would have liked to live there.

Anyway, Paul at RS tuning also has a good name. Just not sure on price.

23. I struggle with English most of the time