Expected gains please

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by gane_rs, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Hi all. Im new to these forums and so forth, i have a megane rs225 stock at the moment, put her on the dyno and ran 147wkw and 307nm (226ftLb) of torque.. I have searched the forum but cant find the info im looking for.

Im just wondering what power i can expect with a downpipe, full exhaust, induction and a remap.

2. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

between 250-270bhp is the norm really with 300ft/lb maximum recommended

3. That much torque with those few mods?

4. Sounds like she needs a good service to, made 197bhp a few ponies down.
    Im quite new to the megane myself but would have thought you would be looking about 260 ish?
    But could be wrong please feel free to correct me!

5. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

no maximum for the car without forging, 270-280 for stage 1

6. Ah sorry that's wheel Kw. I will retract my last!
    Did not read it properly....

7. The 225bhp is at the flywheel, so 197 at the wheels isnt too bad, or is it lol.. i wouldnt mind 250-255bhp with around 275ftlb torque.. that'd be ideal.

8. Sure you would get that mate.

9. Thank you guys!!

10. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832983.305382.jpg this is what my Megane made on the dyno with only a back box chop / forge DV

11. They're the mods I've got with an aftermarket air filter. Looking to go stage 1 after Christmas!

12. Yeah I love the sound off the back box chop. Forge dv gettin annoying removing it this weekend to put a forge recirculation valve on just abit tricky to undo the bottom bolt

13. Thats good power, love to know what that is on the wheels. Yep just after christmas planning those mods i mentioned.. i want to get as much as i can out of stage 1 and leave it at that.. more torque happier ill be

14. RS Tuning are the experts here,and widely acknowledged to be the best.
    My own car made 265hp/285lbft on a stage 1 and nothing else.

I drove to leeds to have it put on,which i strongly advise you to do as well, for maximum result,as well as making sure your engine is healthy first of all.

The map used is thoroughly developed,unlike others...and delivers its power like its from the factory.

Re-mapping is a minefield, that could easily damage your engine if done wrong.
    You will be in safe hands with RS Tuning.

15. I'm booked in at RS Tuning for a stage 1 tomorrow morning. I have decat, back box chop, forge actuator and recirc valve plus Ktec induction kit. I'll post my results up, it's already mapped but I don't know who by hence the trip to RS tuning to make sure it's done properly!

I'd be happy with 260/280 but more would be a bonus.

16. Please let us know Norvern. Keen to see results

17. Guys, on a turbocharged car is it better to have back pressure, or free flowing

18. Free flow.

the gas needs to be gone ASAP.

Short exhaust run / large bore . Just get rid of it .

19. Well, it pissed it down with rain all the way to Leeds and all the way back! I got a nice bonus though, turns out the map on my car already was an RS Tuning one so Paul just needed to tweak it for the decat. It made around 262/270 as it was.

I'm assuming he took the map off for this run, it made 229bhp.

[​IMG]

After tweaking: 272bhp and around 283/285lb FT, so the decat added around 10bhp and 15lb ft. My front lambda sensor is knackered though so can't really try it out properly until that's sorted.

[​IMG]

20. Did you get a printout of it before the map tweak but not on a standard map?

Curious to know how much of a difference the tweak made?

21. Says on the post

From 262 / 270

To 272 / 285

22. Whoops so it does.