Expansion Tank Replacement - Aftermarket option??

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by SteveKozy, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Hi All,

Are there any aftermarket expansion tanks people would recommend for the Megane r26? Mine has cracked - seemingly just age related.

I've noted that many of the tanks for sale (used) have similar cracks appearing when i zoom in on photos.

So was wondering if there were any aftermarket metal ones that people have used or if i'm stuck with the oem item - which i imagine will suffer the same fate eventually.

thanks in advance.

2. Just bought a topfran one from eurocarparts. £28.99. Looks exactly the same as my current one. Cons with the cap as well. Just need the weather to improve to fit it.

3. Went with the ECP part - fit easily enough. Took about 45mins.

Hint - don't need to remove the engine mount to fit this.

I did the following -

1. Unclipped top of bumper and pull away from the metal panel that goes across front of car (never remember what this is called). It houses the bonnet catch etc.
    2. Undid the said panel and move it out of the way.
    3. This gives you enough access to the lower coolant pipe to release. My hands are huge and had enough room bar a few knuckle scrapes.

In addition. Move the fuel line out of the way - there is enough give it in it to move it out the way to remove the tank. Just be careful not to put undue pressure on fuel hose.

There is a metal tab protruding that may cause you issue - can be bent out of the way with no damage or issue if needed but you should be able to fit despite that.

chappers2000 likes this.