250 Exhaust Removal

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nathrs250, Feb 3, 2014.

1. I'm looking at buying a ktec cat back exhaust for my 250 and want to install it myself. Do you need to cut the oem exhaust to remove it??

2. Not sure on the 250 but you do on the mk2s

3. You either cut it or you mess around lowering the subframe to my knowledge.

4. i bet lowering the sub frame is a ball ache!

5. Mine was cut...

6. By subframe do you mean the rear beam? What made you go for the ktec?

7. I haven't bought it yet. Still umming and ahhing over what to buy.

8. How do you get a new one on the mk2 if the old one needs cutting out ?

9. The new ones come in more parts so can be joined with clamps

10. Same here but I was edging towards the Scorpion going off youtube videos.

11. I've just noticed Revolution in Gateshead do a Remus system, if the VXR system is anything to go by that'll sound pretty good :smile:

12. Ah i see easy peasy cheers

13. Needs some help making my mind up with which exhaust to buy. I'm leaning towards a resonated scorpion cat back system, but also thinking ktec! With the scorpion I'm not sure whether to go for the resonated on non resonated system.

What are people thoughts on this??

14. I want an rs tuning one if they have finished im time i need it doing before my re map at end of the month

15. I think the miltek non res sounds the best out of all of them. Wouldnt even bother with the remus as it sound nout like the vxr system n pretty sure its back box not a cat back

16. My bad, but you still have to cut the flange off the standard system, for £600ish system i would expect better.

17. I cut the original exhaust, however the sound of KTR cat back exhaust with Decat downpipe is very very nice! I am very happy with my choice!

18. I have ktec cat back plus sports cat...sounds awesome. Really 'throaty' with plenty of pops n bangs. Well suited...

19. Super sprint do a full system but very expensive and there's also a 'Jetex' item on eBay.

Im after one myself but completely split between ktec, Milltek and scorpion. Still considering the sports cat too...

20. I had a jetex on my 306. I really liked it.

21. I ended up buying a scorpion system in the end. Highly recommended from a member of this forum. Just need to fit it now!

22. Has anyone gone from the French back box delete pipe to a full stainless? I currently have the back box chop mod but wondered if a full system sounds any louder/better? If not surely the increase in diameter is worth some gain?

23. Hi,
    I got the full supersprint system hooked up on my RS 250.
    Been driving the car without any cat so far and in a few month it's MOT time so I'm going to have purchase the ss front pipe with hjs cat. They are just so expensive.. bye bye savings again :worried:
    One note, the car sounds amazing with the ss pipe so I can recommend it to anyone.