265 Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nfp40uk, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Got myself a new 265 and want to get a more throaty noise from the exhaust...

Anyone know the best noisiest exhaust lol?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They all sound the same really. Decat plus a system with a custom small box is your best bet for most noise. Or a straight turbo back with no box if you want a horrid loud noise

3. thax are decats expensive as they are on the r 26?

4. I got one delivered for £135 so they're not expensive

5. is that a sports cat, or just a downpipe? whats the fitting charge?

6. Just get the midbox chop alot better than standard and only £50-£60
    Then if you want more get it decatted

7. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

Hi nfp40uk, we're a supplier of custom exhausts and are currently developing a Megane system to suit all Mk2 and Mk3 RS models, we'll be offering various silencer configurations to suit different needs. We posted a thread not long ago with some renders of how the Mk2 system will look with the dual tailpipes If you're interested get in touch and we can chat about what you're after :smile:;

info@cgrautomotive.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/cgrautomotive

8. Thanks for that..I am getting the car on Friday Feb 12 and will check out..I am predominantly after a a decat and a loud exhaust lol

9. Just to add, there is nothing more likely to waste your money than an exhaust mod so do it slowly IMO. On PH there is a thread about which mod people did that they instantly regretted. 80% were exhausts. Having been there myself (£500!!) I'd be very careful. My mid box chop is just about perfect and you can always drop the rear seats/parcel shelf for a bit more noise too.

10. thanks for this advice...sorry to be a newb, whats 'PH'....

11. Pistonheads I guess, a unique collection of pedants and eco warriors prevaling behind the guise of a enthusiasts website. I find it quite fun though....

12. Lol, not unlike most car forums :wink:

13. As said above I think for the difference an exhaust makes on these cars, ie not very much 500-600 on an exhaust is not really worth it for me personally IMO. As said i'd prob go down the midbox chop route if anything. Some cars are transformed with a new system fitted but i'm not really blown away by the sound of any on these. I'm quite happy with the pop/bang from mine. A really loud jet like sucking noise on the limit, satisfies me enough for now anyway haha.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  14. Rimstock

Rimstock Banned

You don't need a aftermarket exhaust on the mk3 for good sound and power all you need is a back box chop and decat the mk3 exhaust isn't as restrictive like the older cars.

15. thanks for the useful advice.
    Any clues on how much a back box chop and decat cost all in?

16. Mid box chop is £50-£60 anything more and you're being ripped off. Decats are usually around the £145 mark, no idea on fitting as that's what I'm about to embark on.

17. Decat is a must.

[​IMG]