Exhaust query

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Sheepy90, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Hi Guys

I have a megane 1.6 imusic 2010 petrol
    I was wondering if an rs250 exhaust would fit onto this as I have made my car look like a 250 apart from the exhaust.

Your help would be much appreciated
    Thanks Sean

2. I can safely say it won't be a straight swap, your best bet would be to get a 250 backbox attached to your standard centre section but even then you'll need the brackets for the 250 to hang it as it exits the centre of the car opposed to one side and I don't know if your body would have the mounting locations drilled in?

If you have the 250 bumper isn't that all that counts as you can hardly see the actual exhaust tip anyway?

3. I'd go to a custom exhaust place and get them to make one for you

4. Ok cheers Ben I may look at getting the back box then. I don't have the 250 bumper iv just had my original sprayed to look similar. Could you just drill into parts of the car to fix the mountings?
    I'm not the best with technical side of cars sorry

5. I have a standard RS250 back box which you can have for free. I'm in the Teesside area North East England if it's any good to you mate.

Dave

6. Do you know of any good custom places,

7. I live in Bedford bumblebee but would be interested in it mate

8. What do you want from it, noise? Because its not loud, get custom if thats what your after

9. I'm not too bothered about noise if I get a 250 stock exhaust could I drill into the underbody to fit exhaust mountings?

10. What are you trying to gain then? The exhaust is hidden anyway so if you are not doing it for noise and not for looks what are you doing it for?

if the mountings are different you could weld to the floor in theory

11. Sheepy, i live in huntingdon. I have a full cat back that you can have for £20