Exhaust mount fitting

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by seven, Oct 7, 2013.

1. I need to replace the passenger side exhaust mount. The part came today and I'm looking at fitting this week. How difficult is this job considering I have basic knowledge? Tools required? anything else needs to come off? Can I get at it easy enough or will I need to jack the car up?

Thanks in advance.

2. Very easy, just a little awkward to get too. Need socket set and ideally a decent extension to reach up into it. Can't remember what size sockets I'm afraid. Really easy though, 30 minute job max.:thumbup:

3. PS I didnt jack the car up and propped the exhaust up with a pile of bricks!

4. Thats good to here, got a decent socket set so will give it a go. Got some bricks as well!

5. Thought I'd give a quick update. Was a pretty easy job, a tad fiddly. Took me about 45 mins.

When I got the old mount off, it was in 2 bits!!! No wonder I could here it knocking, anyway - Chris, thanks for all your help.

1381252732243.jpg

6. Id replace all 3 mate....

7. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Mine was sagging and knocking. Replaced the rear 2 and it sorted he problem.

8. The rear driver side is in very good condition, looks like it has already been replaced. Where's the other one located?

9. Yeah, no sagging anymore for me also.

10. About centre of the floor base mate

11. Cheers, hard to get to and change?

12. Nah not really, same as others and just jack one side up with axle stands and get under car