Exhaust manifold temperatures - Ceramic Coating

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Crocometas, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Hi!

After recently having bought a RS to take it to the Track, I have been down some Track Days and the engine bay is getting pretty hot.

I was advised by some guy to go for a ceramic coating. Have been searching about this online.
    Have found some companies here in the UK who offer these service.
    Has anyone ever heard of Zircotec and/or Performance 1 Coatings?
    Any reviews on this? Would like to have at least someone who have used their services!

Thanks for all the help!
    David

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

ive heard of zircotec, quite expensive though

3. Zircotec are very good, and Performance 1 Coatings are a daughter company of Zircotec, as are Fast Fox Performance Parts.

I've had various parts ceramic coated by Zircotec for work, and have been happy with their work. I've also used the Zircoflex on the carbon fibre diffuser instead of the standard metal heatshield on my old Clio 197 and was very happy with that.

The price of in the region of £215 for ceramic coating the manifold seems quite good value.

4. Thanks for the explanation JamesS. I feel that I should go for Zircotec, has the benefits in reducing the temperatures seem bigger.

I have also been checking on Fast Fox Performance and they even offer the Collection/Delivery on orders above £100!
    Thanks for the tip JamesS! :sunglasses: