Exhaust heat shield

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rhinodan, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I wonder if it would cause any damage if i removed the full length of the exhaust heat shield as its vibrating?

2. id like to know this too, as mine is doing my nut in fed up of fastening it up all time n it coming loose again haha

3. It's there for a reason..... Try bending it to where ya want it

4. Yep, take it off, set fire to your car, problem solved

5. You could heat wrap the length of pipe which is causing you trouble then safely remove the shield?

6. no matter what car you drive the damn thing always comes off, gotta love winter gritting to wear the screw holes just that bit bigger so it falls through.

7. Daz

Daz

Weird this should come up as I noticed coming to work tonight that mine is rattling it's tits off now!

8. haha so car would set on fire? seems abit of an extreme suggestion steve1 but i think ill maybe buy some fresh clips from renault and some big washers so they dont just fall through the holes in the shield haha

9. It's normally there to stop the heat going through to the cabin. I removed it on my old fiesta and the carpet used to get quite hot. However on the meg which runs a lot hotter .... wouldn't want to risk fire so best to leave it.

10. I can't see it going on fire. Iv had it done to cars in the past yes the carpet gets hot. U could always heat wrap the exhuast if ur worries about it