225 Exhaust choices/help - 70mm bore vs 3"?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CaptainFail, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying an after market cat back exhaust system soon and I'm just after some advice to guide me a little. At the moment I'm currently trying to decide between the K-Tec 70mm cat back system and the Pure Motorsport 70 mm cat back system (the one in the group buy currently). Between the two I can't imagine there are any massive differences in quality and/or performance as they both look like decent systems.

I have however noticed that K-Tec have a 3" cat back system which seems fairly popular. How would this compare to the 70mm exhausts in terms of sound and performance? I've noticed on K-Tec's website they mention their 70mm exhaust is the loudest of all they systems they offer. I'd like to get a system that's as loud as possible ideally as I know Meganes aren't exactly loud (I don't plan on going the de-cat route, it sounds like far too much effort).

Basically what I'm asking is, should I get a 70mm exhaust system or a 3"? Which would offer better performance gains if I were to get a remap?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! :smile:

2. You're only talking 6mm difference on bore size so I guess unless you're going for big power then it doesn't really matter. I'd go for the cheapest as all them systems are pretty popular.

3. i went for the 3" system inc 3"decat :smile: never regretted it :smile:

4. Have you got a video clip?

I've got the 3" exhaust and thinking about decatting.

5. Where did you get your de-cat pipe buddy?

6. I'm stuck in this exact debate at the moment ! The PMS system doesn't seam to be that popula

i was torn between the Ktec 70 mm 3 inch and RS tuning are doing a system , but I've only seen a video , no prices or links or anything!

Im holding fire for now ! But may end up with one of the k tecs