Evol upper and lower mounts

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mr Spoon, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Does anyone have these fitted?
    Evol Engineering

did you notice the benefit with the gear change?

2. I would stay clear of the EVOL ones unless your pure track car, its just too solid.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  3. Ok thank you.

4. Ive got the lower vibra technics one, one of the first mods i did to reduce movement in the engine, a little vibration at first, but eventually disappears.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  5. I also have the Vibra technics lower gearbox mount, can feel the difference in gear change bit more solid, positive with less movement of gearbox. Also have the Powerfkex fast road upper engine Mount, this reduces movement of the engine and for the price about £35 is a no brainer in my opinion.

6. I've got the engine mount already done :smile:

I'll consider the Evol mounts anyway, I have more than one megane :wink:

7. eB9EtR0.jpg

D7DPJ likes this.
  8. Let me know how you get on, if not bad id prefer these solid ones over the other ones.

9. ill know tomorrow. changed the gearbox oil too, so that will help with smoothness.

D7DPJ likes this.
  10. Ok, so here's the review.

Firstly, they are a pig to fit. Only because you need to use quite some leverage to get the mounts to fit as they are much tighter than the standard ones.

The standard ones have significant play in the bushes, which allows for a nice soft and smooth transition of power. If your car gets to 80k miles/11 years old and you haven't replaced these, even for standard ones, I would recommend.

Anyway, the bit you want. Vibration - there's a tonne of vibration. It mainly occurs as you pull off, and it is very noticeable. The noises from the engine and the exhaust are increased and I imagine some of you will not like this. However, those of you that have owned any competition type vehicle, be that car or bike, will all of a sudden have an increases appreciation for that the megane actually is.

The power delivery is so much more direct, in fact so direct, I now notice the car squatting under acceleration. The car feels like a motorsport car. Changing these mounts have an overwhelming improvement in chassis feel under acceleration.

Once you are going, the vibration has very little in difference between stock mounts and these ones but a world away from throttle response, gear change and the driving experience.

Make no mistake, if you want to find fault you will, if you want to pick up on the drawbacks you will be able to, but what you will not be able to appreciate, until you try this, is how the experience of driving the megane has just become ever more engaging, purposeful and dam right silly :wink:

BillyA and D7DPJ like this.
  11. Good info, was it the top and bottom this replaces?

Would be intrigued to see if anyone has had something like the powerflex bushes and then have had this to compare.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  12. I hear that :smile:. I’ve found the vibration when it’s idling can be reduced by turning off the aircon - knocks down the revs fractionally and becomes smoother. That’s what I found. I’ve got the KTec Dogbone lower mount.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  13. Yes, its the upper torque mount and lower gearbox mount. I've replaced the main engine mount with a power flex one and there is only one left, which looking at it, doesn't appear to do much more than stabilise the engine under moving.

D7DPJ likes this.
  14. If you can help with any guides on the top e give mount that would be great. Youtube has a few guides with the others

15. Yes, it is a pretty simple fit, just needs a bit of persuasion.

The top mount is located at the back left of the engine bay, directly to the left of the turbo and right of the suspension strut.

It is held on by two bolts and they can be removed without jacking the car and or supporting the engine. You will however need a little bit of leverage as there is quite a bit of give in the standard mount. The below vide gives an idea of how helpful it is to have two pairs of hands. This is post the lower mount being fitted, which again in the same fashion needed leverage but no other jacking or supporting.

D7DPJ likes this.
  16. So a side effect is new rattles appearing loctite here I come

17. Just had mine fitted to my r26.. lots of vibrations if you pull away with low revs.. up the revs a little and it's smoother.

Once moving a little more vibrations than the standard mounts... But the car feels solid.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk