Sponsored By:  

Evo triangle run out

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Steve1, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Your welcome

2. Where is everyone coming from? Im tempted but it's 2hr away for me

3. I'm going from Nottingham, 2 hours for me too

4. My favourite route into Wales from the M6 is J16, A500 and then go in the rough direction of Nantwich, Whitchurch, Wem, LynClys, Bala.

5. 4 hour drive for me !!

6. that looks quality, i followed the link - im from widnes so not a million miles away from there - could be tempted, what time/date you headed out there?

7. 12 of July not sure on time yet

8. Early one I'd imagine

9. Remember to bare in mind that the Llangollen area will be hectic... They have loads of roadworks on atm and the Eisteddfod draws in crowds from all over the world...

10. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Might be worth re-arranging for another weekend boys?

11. I can't do the 12th but if it's rearranged may consider it if not working.. May look at a temp insured week and Take the slick tyres off the race car..

12. What time would you start? (I'm miles away but could see a friend in Manchester and stay there)

13. Tbh for me personally this is the only weekend I'll be doing if at all, off to the ring on the 15th of August and still got to work two weekends between then and the 12th along with a few odds and Sod's to the car

14. I think which ever weekend you do during the summer it will be busy. I now tend to run out very early (5am start) so heading home before it gets busy or leave it till the Autumn/Winter when it is quieter, but you then run the risk with the weather. Our Jan run was ok till Ruthin then it was snow/ice all the way to EVO. Only once has snow been so bad it stopped play - and this was when we were all in scoobys.

Depends what you want really, if just a quiet run out then should be fine, but if you want empty roads to allow you to drive at pace, then you may be disappointed.

I am up for meeting somewhere if you are all out on 12th.

15. Right then, let's start a list for names of people who are definitely coming along to this.

Seeing as the proposed date is only just over a week away we need to get meeting places and times etc in order.

For previous comments it looks like a early morning run would be more beneficial in terms of traffic etc

16. 1. Not Normal Dan

17. Steve 1, not sure how I add on to the list

Dan
    Steve

18. Just quite it then delete the bollocks, it's a clio sport thing haha

1. Not Normal Dan
    2. Steve1

19. 1. Not Normal Dan
    2. Steve1
    3. Supertouring

20. What time you meeting up there? May be able to come along for spin in the golf gtd as megane isnt road legal

21. Can you give me a bit more detail? I may hop up to Brum hte night before and then leave from there on Sunday morning

22. Where are you coming from? Me and Steve are coming from the East Midlands so I'm trying to work out a route that'll tally up with other members without going out the way too much.

Well I've just looked in the route and say we headed to the ponderosa cafe as a starting slash meeting point that's 2 and a bit hours from myself.

The route heads through Cannock onto the M54 so could pick yourself up there.

I'd personally like to be getting to the ponderosa for in the region between 9-10 in the morning but it all depends what everyone else is happy with but as has been mentioned roads in the area may get more congested as the day goes on.

23. Ok, so I can book a place near Cannock

24. Yeah that's best bet, I know we've got to go down the a5 then pick up the m54 into Wales

25. I'm coming from South west wales.. 3-3.15 to the ponderosa cafe guessing that's horseshoe pass...
    me coming will have to be decided on the morning as I'm working Saturday night and back in Sunday night (12night shifts)
    but weekends I normally can get head down to sleep so if all goes normal I'll be able to come..

Earliest I can be up there will be about 9-9:30 as I finish work at 6am.. If you are gonna go earlier don't worry I'll tag along next time

26. Ok mate, I feel your pain I've just done a weekend of nights

More the merrier

27. its alright though i work a 4on 4off (2 days 2 nights) rota and get 18 days off every 8 weeks..

ill keep eye on here to see if the meet time changes and if i cant make it ill put message on here first thing Sunday morning..

28. Yeah sound mate, we used to do a similar pattern ours has changed so I basically work half a year now

29. Right, booked in to Travelodge on M6, right near M54.

Also got some info on other local roads that are supposed to be very good too.

30. Sweet, I've got details for the ponderosa cafe which I think should be a good starting point and even get some grub

31. ]

What's the post code for your accommodation

32. Right then here it is, the final details.

First meeting point!

Myself and Steve 1 will be meeting at

Etwall Road
    Willington
    Derby
    Derbyshire
    DE65 6DX

Or better known as Willington or a38/a50 services on toyota roundabout. There is a shell garage and amenities.

We will be meeting there at 8 o'clock Sunday morning and leaving shortly after.

We will then be heading down the a38 to the a5 and heading towards Cannock where we'll me Frimley111r somewhere near the m54 which is the main route into Wales and hoping to get there for around 9.

From there we'll be heading into Wales for the famous ponderosa cafe.

The Horseshoe pass
    Llangollen
    LL20 8dr

Hoping to be there for around 10.30-11.00 but again there's no rush and from here we'll pick the triangle up hopefully

33. Me and Gray will meet you at the 1st meeting point mate.

34. If alls good I'll see you at the cafe.. I'll get some stickers to cover up golf gtd with megane rs haha

35. Moto Service Area
    M6 Motorway

Essington, Nr. Wolverhampton
    Staffordshire
    WV11 2AT

36. nice one lads 8 o'clock, I'll be there a little before that and we'll hang around for a little while in case of delays

Awesome I'll bang the post code up for the services we met at on the m54 to save us all piling up

37. So then second meeting point for 9 o'clock give or take, got this one Frimley111R?

Welcome Break service area
    J4, Shropshire, TF11 8tg

This has a large car park again fuel, food and loos if needed and is on route on the M54 junction 4

38. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea boi.

39. Cool, got it.

40. If your in your R26s give yourselves plenty of time, if your in your 225s leave now lmao