Evo Triangle/Elan Valley drive Sunday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TigerRonin, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Myself and a few others, not on this forum, are heading out on a drive on Sunday from Swindon Area through the Evo Triangle/Elan Valley and back. A full days driving and should be a good run out, if anyone is interested, drop me a message

2. I’d be coming from Leeds so would probs stick around North Wales / Evo Triangle as opposed to making my way down to Elan Valley

shame not many other users aren’t as active in organising / responding to a drive / meet

weather doesn’t look great mind for this Sunday? Would defo be more up for it in spring/summer

3. Hello mate, thanks for responding. Yeah I try and get people out by posting events on here. We actually went out yesterday and not this coming weekend. Feel free to check out pictures in Instagram travelling_meg250

4. Just given you a follow mate on instagram

my bad i didn’t realise it was the Sunday gone!

definitely up for a drive in North Wales when the weather starts to improve.

How was the drive on Sunday gone? Heard Evo Triangle was dotted with Plod’d cameras now but not sure if that was fake news

5. We didn't get as high up as the triangle because of a delayed start but there are just average speed cameras everywhere there. The roads we took were great and 'off season' so next to no traffic.

6. But we are planning a trip, overnight North Wales somewhere, do the triangle and head down towards Elan Valley, overnight and then Elan Valley, Black Mountain Pass and Llanberis

7. Keep me in the loop on the above mate - sounds decent.
    Did llanberis pass years ago, was absolutely beaut.

8. I'm from N Wales, there's speed camera's all over the triangle now.

Fond memories in my Alfa GT over the triangle, a real shame it's not driveable any more.

TigerRonin likes this.
  9. That's why we prefer the South a little more, even without the passed there are some incredible roads and not many fixed cameras at least. To be honest though, you can have so much fun on these tiny roads within the limit

10. The north has become a bit of a joke tbh.

The authorities are out in force here now, all the weigh bridges are way more active than they used to be, there's cameras everywhere etc and there just seems to be people doing 30mph everywhere now too!!

Stick to the south lol!

TigerRonin likes this.
  11. A real shame. The south is just too far for a day or two as coming from Leeds

I did North Wales last in 2018. Think i saw one copper and even then was on the way home just leaving N.Wales! Sounds like these days are long gone unfortunately

12. Doing another run on Saturday if anyone is keen to join? Some of the best roads I have ever driven

13. Car is hopefully in the garage on Saturday mate unfortunately otherwise would have loved to assuming it’s N.Wales not S.

14. Car is currently off the road unfortunately!

Have fun.

15. heading out with 4 other reno's this sat for lovely bit sun and empty roads

16. Make sure you get some pics up.

Enjoy.

TigerRonin likes this.
  17. Where are you heading mate?

18. Some of the best driving roads in the country. Wave if you see us.

19. NICE!! Fancy a picture meet at some point? Or even a drive meet along the way?

20. Cheers but no, as we already have a full convoy. And we’ll be too busy getting a move on to meet tbh. Enjoy your outing - should be a good day for it!