ESP and ABS lights on

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by charlie1984, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Hi all,

Recently had a bunch of work on my r26. A few bits I had changed where lowered springs on new dampers all round and gearbox and top engine link mount fitted with an evol engineering set.

I get more vibrations through the car which is expected.. but I've now had the engine light come up with a warning for esp and ABS...

Also had the old itg induction kit replaced with a ram air one.. but can't see that causing issues.

Anyone had or seen anything like this?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Its going to be an ABS sensor not plugged in properly or not pushed into its clip

Is the steering wheel straight when driving ???

3. It didn't come on until I was parking up.. so the whole way it was fine and then it lit up.. will get the sensors checked out though.. cheers Ian.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

4. As Ian said. ABS sensor. It happened to mine the sensor wire got caught up in the strut after some work by a local garage and ripped the wire partially. 9/10 times it was fine, but found on full lock or turning the wheel, pulled the sensor, broke the connection - threw the code. new sensor and was sorted.