Engines

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nmp, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Nmp

Nmp

I have the laguna gt 205 with f4r 784 t engine, does anyone know the difference between this engine and the megane engine?

2. I don't know about difference between them, but I am sure you can remap this engine very easy to 225 -230 hp.

3. Nmp

Nmp

I know the turbo is td04 10t and the megane a 14t and the internals are the same, but are the injectors etc different.

4. Nmp

Nmp

I e-mailed rs tuning and he said a remap would prob find 20bhp and 50 lbft torque

5. Nmp

Nmp

Anyone? :smiley:

6. I thought they were exactly the same, bar software differences, given it's the same engine code.. There's another thread on here regarding this thing, iirc - it may be about the gt220 though..

7. Its not the same engine code :

r26 : f4r 774
    laguna : f4r 784

8. Nmp

Nmp

I will have to contact my local dealer, and see if they can shed some light on it, thanks guys.

9. I have in my head its a turbo and cam difference.

10. Nmp

Nmp

Yeah the turbo is a 10t and the megane is 14t m,don't know about cams but I want to check injectors.

11. rumour has it on teh 205 that the turbo and injectors are the same !

the 180 model has the smaller turbo and different injectors.

12. right.. we don't know if the OP is comparing laguna to meg mk2 or 3, however.. the 250/265 uses the f4r 784 engine..

13. good shout !

14. Nmp

Nmp

Doesn't matter ,mk2 or 3. I want to know why my engine produces 205bhp and the same in the megane produces 225,230,250 or 265.

15. It kinda does matter though buddy. Its a different engine in a different model from what I understand.

Same as the difference between the Meg 2 and meg 3 RS .

16. Nmp

Nmp

Spoke to Renault uk and they have told me to ring my local dealer as they should know, will try tomorrow but not holding my breath lol

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

LOL, It does.

The engines in the Mk3 are different from the Mk2 and thats just for starters

18. Nmp

Nmp

Please explain how the engine in the mk2 and 3 are so different, and I don't mean they fit in a different shaped hole or the engine mounts are different.

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Different internals, Different head, Different turbo, To name a few.

20. Rods , pistons , compression ration , injectors , turbo , head , cam , vvt , ecu , boost that it runs at.

Other than that. Identical.

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Aye just as i thought Andy, All the same.

22. Nmp

Nmp

Wow, so much for this being a helpful forum, you ask a question and a pair of smartarses take the piss, very mature.

23. You asked the question. I gave you some information.

You then disregarded this , and came to the incorrect conclusion that the engines were the same.

You were then re-educated.

I trust this is outside what you deem useful , so for giving you fact , and trying to steer you in the right direction , I offer my most humble apologies.

24. Op. Are you mad?

you thought the 225,230,250,265 engines were identical. Your then told they're not and then you go raging...

25. Nmp

Nmp

Open your eyes and read!!!!! The above is what I wanted to know, not the usual smartarses comments you seem to get off certain members on this site.

26. Nmp

Nmp

Instead of sarcastic comments like the one above

27. you get the sarcastic ( some would argue factual , but dont let facts get in the way ) reply after ignoring my earlier comment about the engines not being the same.

Either way . You know better now.

28. I think on the 205 the turbo is the same as the r26 turbo - td04 14t
    I think the block is the same.
    I think the injectors are the same
    I think it runs less boost , producing less power.

Henk @ Fastchips.nl has run the 205 engine upto 260bhp and 275ibft. That would infer its the same , just not boosted.

The 250/265/275 engine produces more power for the fact the engine internals are revised ( please see previous remarks ) boosts higher with a bigger turbo ( a td04 15t ) producing more power in return.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  29. Nmp

Nmp

Thank you Andy, that's what I wanted to know.

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Injectors are different between the 250 and 225/R26's