Engine turning for a while before starting?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by james157, Oct 10, 2013.

1. My trophy has always started straight away until i fitted some cleaned injectors last week.

Now it turns for a few seconds before starting if left for a short while 30 mins or more.

It drives the same as before but its annoying that it takes so long to start.

Anyone had this before or knows how to fix it apart from fitting the old injectors back in?

Thanks James.

2. Mine turns over for a while too and I've heard plenty of other people with the same problem. I'm surprised it's doing it with cleaned injectors tho!

3. Me too. Started as soon as I changed them. I'm going to refit the old ones to see what happens.

4. It might be your battery is starting to show it's age. with the cold and dark weather coming in, the battery takes more of a battering. mine had been taking longer to start recently too, but I reckon it's between cold starting or my battery getting close to death :-\

5. Mine started doing it too after fitting cleaned injectors, I had a new battery 6 months ago so it's not that...