Engine Removal Megane 225 F1

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jukidam, Dec 28, 2019.

1. I drive the car now for 200km and almost everything is still fine, just what is a bit strange is that if the engine is cold then the the starter takes some seconds 2 or 3 to start the engine. But only if it's cold after 4 hours resting or the first start of the day

Could it be because it's forged? Is that normal for a fresh engine? I doesn't found some information about that in Google

I recharged the battery before I put the engine in

2. Double post...

3. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Its probably because everything is tight/new it will ease up with more miles on the engine.
    Even down to fresh oil, as that will be thicker, it will all add up to make it tight.

Jukidam likes this.
  4. Okay, i will drive It a little bit more.

I asked the company where I buy the pistons too and he tell me it shouldn't be normal =S

But for first I will drive it some more kilometers

ianplymouth likes this.
  5. We write a lot about fuel pumps.

Do you think this one would also fit?

QUANTUM 265LPH OE Fit Fuel Pump
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/182611582967

It's half a price from deatschWerk 65 and reviews about that are very satisfying

6. ianplymouth

It says its a replacement for the DW65c so it might fit, i know the other one does fit as i fitted one myself.

Your choice :laughing::laughing:

Jukidam likes this.
  7. Okay I will think about that :smile:

Do you was in need of that clamp tool (see it in one video on YouTube) to open the ring? Meaning the main black ring who holds the whole unit

8. ianplymouth

I managed to get the ring off without the tool, but it awkward to say the least, get a new seal though, it will be hard to get the old one back in.

Refitted it without the tool as well, but i'm stubborn like that :laughing:

Jukidam likes this.
  9. Okay I understand :tearsofjoy:

Will see how much this tool cost then choose if easy or hard way :tearsofjoy:

10. ianplymouth

I don't think the tool is a lot of money, but it makes it a lot easier :laughing:

Jukidam likes this.
  11. Something around 20 euro, that's okay but I doesn't think I would need it twice so for first I would look if I can make myself one :sweatsmile:

ianplymouth likes this.
  12. ianplymouth

Might be worth buying one and renting it out for a few Euro's a time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jukidam likes this.
  13. That's a good idea :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

14. ianplymouth

The retaining ring is the same on the mk2 as it is on the mk3, so the tool will basically fit all mk2 and mk3 Meganes

The ring kit number is 7701207449

15. Thanks a lot for the number and the information

16. You can use the tool, and then send back and ask for the money :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

17. Yes but I cannot agree with my conscience then :sweatsmile:

PTMRS and manugtt like this.
  18. 280 km and everything is still fine.

Today I started the car (cold start, takes 3 seconds) and shut it off directly

Then start it again and it starts directly.

I know it's not a good test but seems like my pump maybe goes away could be also 1000 another reasons like bad earth or whatever.

So I found today one who gives up his project and sells a new dw65c. Buy it today and maybe it will help, but I buy it more for secureness
    Don't want too risky duty with the deka 630s :sweatsmile:

I found a lot written and Ian wrote me a lot about changing the pump but there is no tutorial or something. I will try to make one if I have time :grin:

19. ianplymouth

another test would be to push the start button, but not the clutch or brake peddles, this will prime the fuel pump, then push the start button again with the clutch down to see if it then starts straight away.

Jukidam likes this.
  20. Wasn't sure if this would active the fuel pump

But yes better idea.

Bad start on cold doesn't make me very uncomfortable, would it be on a warm engine Then I would get nervous.... ^^

21. ianplymouth

Yes it should, if not push and hold the start button only for 10 seconds that turns the ignition on

Jukidam likes this.
  22. I will do it that Way =)

ianplymouth likes this.
  23. I found something interesting in YouTube, but not sure if this is aftermarket or original

I don't have those :sweatsmile:

Someone know more?

Screenshot_20200417_125442_com.google.android.youtube.jpg Screenshot_20200417_125430_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

24. I'll go to all that trouble and then put my license plate infront of the intercooler lol.

Jukidam likes this.
  25. ianplymouth

That's not standard mate
    Aftermarket

Jukidam likes this.
  26. okay good to know :tearsofjoy:. But I guess no one have a idea where you could buy one or how much it cost

27. ianplymouth

Jukidam likes this.
  28. Thanks but I mean the air ram plastic things right and left of the cooler packet =p

29. I can't see the plastics making a huge difference tbh, be more beneficial for them to put the plate back onto the bumper and not the grill.

30. ianplymouth

There there to keep all of the air that goes through the bumper to go through the radiators, if you leave them out air will take the path of least resistance and go down the side of the rads.

manugtt likes this.
  31. But they are not original or?

32. Could be a phase 2 thing?

33. Those plastics are very important to canalized the air flow to radiators. Without them, take for sure your temps will be higher and the fan will have more work. I´d check it many years ago in ours hillclimb cars.:wink:

Jukidam and ianplymouth like this.
  34. 99% sure mine doesn't have them!

I think mine has been crashed a few times, nothing major but bumper cracked, headlights broken etc, probably got thrown away then.

Not sure if I'll be able to fit them as I've had to pull the rad forward slightly due to Ktecs crap aircon delete.

35. ianplymouth

I had to trim the ones on my 225 to go around the Airtec intercooler, got to be worth trying to fit some or something if you are saying that you have air temp problems, i'll have a look in my spares box to see if i have any left over, i should be going to the workshop in the next few days.

36. Yeah definitely worth looking at I suppose!

What do they fix to?

I thought the fins on the back of the bumper would be enough but maybe I've underestimated them.

37. ianplymouth

They just clip into some holes on the rad i think, you can make some, just need some plastic sheet, i had to do that with the lower ones that fit against the under tray.

38. I've got some polycarbonate there, could give me an excuse to get some tools out.