Engine Removal Megane 225 F1

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jukidam, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Mhm the clutch is not just feeling bad, I can't get gears in (easy)

I will try it with the stock

2. I tell you, a customer of the garage broke the trunk door dampers in an Opel Astra, he was with a broom handle to hold the door for many years!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Jukidam likes this.
  3. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

IMG_20200402_164538.jpg

I do it against the seat (metal) :grin:

manugtt likes this.
  4. So the clutch feels now very good.

Needs to be verified at driving but the tip with the stock ist gold worth :grin::grin:

Now I will reassemble the main parts to drive and drive a little bit and hope the turbo is not loosing fluid anymore and the clutch works good :sweatsmile:

Will report after that

5. Yeah!! Good news then. Take any pic after the reassembling please!:wink:

Jukidam likes this.
  6. Fingers crossed for you.

Jukidam likes this.
  7. I totally forget what a beauty this car is :hearteyes:

IMG_20200403_171728.jpg

IMG_20200403_171654.jpg

IMG_20200403_171629.jpg

IMG_20200403_182044.jpg

Just drive it 1 or 2 km, have trust issues with the coolant fluid at the turbo because it still smokes a little bit at this area. But it's also a little bit wet

But I'm also not sure with the clutch... It came very very fast. Just 2 cm off the pedal and it almost full there. I know that a new clutch always is kicking in fast.
    My trouble is, that this is a sac (self adjusting clutch) so it should be in the middle or not?

8. You'll probably get a fair bit of smoke from around the turbo area, no doubt you've had greasy/oil on your gloves when you've been touching the turbo etc.

Car looks really nice though! All the nice and shiny examples I see makes me realise how bad mine looks lol!

Jukidam likes this.
  9. Yeah that could be also possible

Nah I like your yellow Rims a lot :grin: but can't see much on this tiny profile Pic.

So I drive now a little bit around (15 km) and hold on some places to check oil and water.

I think the turbo is not leaking anymore. The clutch.... It's hard and cames early buz not sure about this.

But found a new issue what makes me anxious. The engine or something is Cnocking? I will try to upload a video and post it.

But no engine control light cames on. So what do you think about it. Can I drive the car like that? As I hear it it just cames at idle and happens only if engine is hot.

Mhm...

10. Is it an engine knock which increases consistently with the revs, or is it something loose somewhere?

11. I can't locate it, but it doesn't goes up with Rev.

I could swear I heard it some times if water drops lower than 0 or something but I'm not sure

12. Did you drop the subframe in the end? Could be something that is loose?

Cant remember, but did you go for a SMF? If so, it won't sound as smooth as the original DMF.

13. No it's a original dmf which should be good =)

I would say more it's maybe something from the engine, but I will see later under the car

14. I let the engine cool down 10 minutes and now it doesn't make that knocking =S

Need to say the 15 km was just city driving so it was at normal/higher Temps

15. What nice looks a F1!! They have something special. I like it man! About noises, take clear when you do a big work in engine, like you have do, the parts need an adaptation, I mean, a time for work correctly. Sorry if I´m understable:coldsweat:
    So, if the noise is not clearly bad, let it a time.

Jukidam likes this.
  16. Thank you, I like also the look =D

I shake the car and engine and there is no sound

So I think it's the engine. As information my fuel ist E5 super Plus
    Mhm now it starts slow to knock, so meaning once all 30 seconds then it goes 2 times in 30 seconds and now it's at something like 10 times in 30 seconds

Okay I will drive the car a little bit and watch it

17. what pistons did you put in, there is talk of Wosners making a noise on startup, its called piston slap.

It might be the hydraulic tappets, mine made the noise but has now gone, they need oil to be pumped around, some drain back now and again.

manugtt and Jukidam like this.
  18. Car looks good :sunglasses:

If you think the clutch still feels a bit off, do the hold down on the peddle again overnight, is it a new clutch might need a bit of bedding in, bur if it goes into gear and especially into reverse okay then the clutch is working as it should.

Jukidam likes this.
  19. Yeah they are woessner. But on Start up there was no slap sounds. Especially It listen very good for now :sweatsmile:

The tappets are also new, buy and change them 2 weeks before engine renewing.
    Test the pressure on it with my finger, was good but maybe one was too empty.

My neighbor (don't know him till today:sweatsmile:) heard my first start up and want to see if it works out. He is a Master-Engineer in Cars and told me it could be normal because of the pistons and because it's on idle and the engine does not have enough pressure. I should drive it first a little bit.

He also loves the car :tearsofjoy:

Thanks for the tip, if clutch will not get better I will try it again with the stock :grin:

20. Because so many wants access to Drive

I upload one video on YouTube.

manugtt likes this.
  21. It sounds like Ian says, a tappet empty. Give it some time!

Jukidam likes this.
  22. Okay I will wait :grin:

23. Get some miles on it and make sure its getting well up to temperature

Jukidam likes this.
  24. Okay :grin: for now the car drive very good without issues

Another question, doing again your bleed tip with the stock, the cap of the brake fluid container needs to be opened or?

25. Just wedge the peddle down over night, you don't need to do anything else.

But just remember to let the peddle up slow

Jukidam likes this.
  26. F*ck, good that you say that. I don't let it peddle up slow the last Time

27. i did say :confounded::confounded:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jukidam likes this.
  28. Yes :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

ianplymouth likes this.
  29. I forgot to write back, the clutch is much better now. Thanks a lot!

Its a bit hard but I think that's just a matter of habit.

There was no knocking anymore today.

Just found out there is some coolant sweat at the oil pan of a broken hose I need to fix, no big deal.

But a problem which occurs also on the first start was, at one or maximum 2 curves my traction light blinked at the dashboard and I was driving very comfortable

As I remembered I read out the OBD code DF001. It's meaning low voltage at the ABS or some ECU. But the battery is Full charged.

Someone have a idea?
    Today it happen just one time at 60km city driving.

Also I want to say a very Big Thanks to everyone who helped me with the car especially @ianplymouth :grin:

manugtt and ianplymouth like this.
  30. As for your traction light, is the steering wheel dead straight in a straight line, or is it slightly off centre, also the tracking can set it off due to the fact it uses steering position and wheel speed rotation to determine wheel slip.

Also might be worth making sure the abs sensor plugs are pushed in and the contacts are clean.

I am pleased that you have your car running great now, enjoy, when you can :pensive:

Jukidam and manugtt like this.
  31. It's off center s,o perfect than I just need to adjust it.

I do =) Your car is also running or not?

32. Yes its running great
    Just need to get it mapped because of a decat, turbo :astonished: and 630 injectors

Jukidam likes this.
  33. Oh, very nice. I guess at EFI?

What do you thing it would spit out of numbers at dyno :grin:

34. Yes will be off to see Chris at EFI
    He already knows what has been done and he says it should be over 400hp :laughing::laughing::sunglasses:

Jukidam and Agreen like this.
  35. Nice!!!

Will be interesting to see how well it puts the power down.

36. Think that will be the problem, but i'm working on that as a winter project :smirk:

37. I honestly can't see any track time happening this year tbh! Glad I got to anglesey when I did.

Be interesting to see what you've got planned when the time comes!

Still toying with the rear arb on mine, going to get the rear bushes done and some camber on there and see how it is after that.

ianplymouth likes this.
  38. I don't see anything happening for a couple of months at least, i will try and get something booked once its mapped, i will post up the track day that i'll do.

I did the beam bushes on my 225 but never got around to doing the arb, not sure how much it will improve a 225, should have at least tried to see what the difference it would have made.

Camber is good, had 2 degrees with BC coilovers and tyre wear on track was so even across the tread it was unreal.

39. 400hp would be crazy :openmouth:

Very nice!