Engine Removal Megane 225 F1

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jukidam, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Okay thanks

If it doesn't feel good I will do it like that

ianplymouth likes this.
  2. Yeah I thought that, I will pump it up more

3. If it doesn't work first time, then wedge the clutch peddle down for a couple of hours and then release slowly.

4. Help yourself pressing the ball joint with a jack or a bar. Take care where you rest the bar in that case!:grin:

Jukidam likes this.
  5. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    We are posting at the same time!! Sorry!

Jukidam and ianplymouth like this.
  6. Job done, everything filled with oil

Now the rest parts need to be installed and then first run :grin:

Respect to you Ian who does this at a forenoon :sweatsmile:

manugtt and ianplymouth like this.
  7. i'm just sat here waiting for track days to start again :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jukidam and manugtt like this.
  8. we see us at Nürburgring when corona stop :grin:

You usually want to came April or? :sweatsmile:

9. I think will be overbooking in all the circuits of Europe after COVID!! This year will be the second that I can´t go to the Ring...DAMN!!:triumph::triumph:

10. Think the way its going i will leave it till next year, but will see
    Might look at Spa in October :openmouth::laughing::laughing:

11. Yeah that could be true :grimacing:

You came from Spain or? I'm just 70km from Nürburgring and wasn't once there :sweatsmile:

12. I hear it a lot but what is spa? Or better where is it? :tearsofjoy:

13. Oh man!! Lucky guy!! Yes, I have over 1400kms. from Bilbao. Usually go there for 6 or 7 days every year, always that I can, of course! Always go alone, is MY week and don´t want anything else that fuel, cars and noise.

Jukidam likes this.
  14. Hahah, I will go next time also there
    That sounds really good :grin:

Ah okay good to know  :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: it's there better then Nürburgring? Or less KM to you.

And is there no good circuits in Spain or GB?

15. Spa is 855kms and the ring is 974kms from where i live
    I like both, they are so different, i have been to the ring 7 times and Spa maybe 10-12 times, not that keen on doing the TF days anymore, it's just got too silly congested.

Yes there are some really good tracks in the UK
    Oulton Park, Anglesea, Donington, Silverstone and other's

Jukidam likes this.
  16. wouldn't mind doing a couple of track days in Spain :laughing::laughing:

Jukidam likes this.
  17. Here there are some good ones too. Jarama, Los Arcos, Guadix, Ascari(well, never run in this, so so expensive!), and other slower like Kotarr, but very funnys.
    If you want to come here anytime, only have to say, I´ll be happy to guide you whatever is.:wink:

18. Oh that's also alot of km till here, but nice!
    You two make me want also go tracking :tearsofjoy:

19. Whats wrong with Valencia or Catalunya :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

20. You´re right man, and forgot Alcañiz too. Those are all FIA approved circuits and a trackday use to be expensive for a worker wallet:sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
    I run in some of them but only singles series. Anyway, I like shorter tracks whit more corners where you must to play with pedals, gears, balance...
    Not many year ago, with some friends, take part in the Basque Country Hillclimb Championship. We had 4 Gt Turbo and we called ORT (Oreille Racing Team). We was in boxes almost always, but did enjoy a lot that times.:grin::grin:

21. Would be good to try any different tracks, i went to Bilster Berg last year that was a really enjoyable circuit, would like to that one again, but i think the price next time will be a lot.

I'm not doing these trackdays to be competitive just to enjoy myself and push myself and to overtake BMW's :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

manugtt likes this.
  22. From where I live, Spa is around 1560 km, hopefully I will get there maybe later in the year.( assuming I am still alive of course!.)

23. How are the car problems Ian?.

24. Build all together now and try the clutch (engine not started till now) and there is no pressure. But it cames back from self.

I know it by other cars the clutch stuck at the lowest point.

I try to hold it down for a while but without any luck

So anyways, I will try the normal clutch bleeding method with a partner when he arrives

25. So I started the engine today and it sounds great. No tickling or anything

But 2 problems

First one Is a leakage on cooler fluid at the turbo (it comes from down the second/ lower screw) which I doesn't understand because I do everything like in the workshop plan described. And it's not loose. but will see it tomorrow

The another problem ist, even with my partner we couldn't bleed the clutch.
    We Try anything, the classical pump method where I stuck the pipe out and he pump and hold it down, then I put the pipe in (locked) and he put the pedal high.

The clutch is like a button now.... But even more mysterious is that the wheels / brakes are moving without a gear inside

Very slow and I can stop them with my hand but doesn't know if it's normal or does that because the air in the pipe.

Someone have a idea?

And maybe a technical plan of the turbo / pipe inlet outlet of it? Want to order new copper rings maybe

26. Screenshot_20200331_204638_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

From number 15 the cooler fluid goes out

Im not sure if there was copper rings or what to seal it.

27. Hi Arthur
    All good now, just waiting to get it mapped now :rage:

28. There are four copper sealing washers, one on the inside between the turbo and the coolant block on each bolt, sounds like one has dropped out while you were fitting.

Did the brake reservoir level go low at any time ???

The wheels will turn as its the drag caused by the gearbox oil.
    Nothing to do with air in the clutch.

Jukidam likes this.
  29. Yes 4 copper washers

Jukidam likes this.
  30. Okay, I will try to get the engine a bit more forward so I can unmount the screws

I think any copper rings do a great job there will buy somewhere which.

I hope I doesn't need to unmount too much for that Shit :grimacing:

Thank you

31. for the clutch bleed i did this on mine and works a treat:
    1- one person in the car (driver seat of course)
    2 another under the car with a spanner ready to undo the nipple on slave cylinder
    3-undo nipple a 1/4 turn
    4 person in car press and hold pedal untill no more fluid come out from nipple
    5 tighten nipple while pedal is fully pressed.
    6 once nipple is tight release clutch pedal.

repeat from step 3 to 6 for about 10 times or untill no more air comes out.
    the person under the car will have to shout press and release to the perosn in the car to make sure you both are synchronised.

hope this help

Jukidam likes this.
  32. Thank you, but I do exactly this and even with a partner and it helps a little bit but it's still not really good

I flush the system already with almost 1,5 :tearsofjoy:liters

Maybe I will try it today again

33. I try again with the vacuum pump

And I would say its much better now but still not good.

I will let it gravity bleed again over night.

34. Either you guys are massively over complicating this, or I was extremely lucky! :tearsofjoy:

Jukidam likes this.
  35. Maybe both :tearsofjoy:

After I was driving back home with my Fiesta I was giving attention to the clutch feeling and it was almost the same.

Meaning the first 3 cm was also like air (I know it's normal) and than the clutch goes

I remember also as I buy the megane I was impressed how hard the clutch was.

So maybe I just lost the feeling of the clutch :tearsofjoy:

36. Just wedge the clutch peddle down overnight then release it slowly tomorrow and see what it's like

Jukidam likes this.
  37. Doesn't found a stick or something in my garage to do this :sweatsmile:

Will do it if clutch is not nice tomorrow

38. A cut down broom handle works fine :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

39. Hahah that was really my plan B :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: