250 Engine noise just above 3000rpm

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BenW, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Ever since I got my 250 there has been a slight engine noise at just about 3000rpm, hard to explain what it sounds like but it's like a vibrating/resonating noise.

It's only noticeable with the windows down, does it on and off boost, does it in all gears including neutral.

Anyone else had this? It's been to Renault and they claim they couldn't even hear it but it's very noticeable and I'll take it back again but wondering if anyone else has heard it?

2. Have you checked all of the heat shielding and engine/gear box/exhaust mounts?

3. I had the same kind of noise.. I also checked the exhaust and engine heat shields.. exhaust for loose screws but nothing suspicious found.
    For some reason the sound just disappeared by itself, don't know what it was.

4. double post.. sry computer crashed.

I had the same kind of noise.. I also checked the exhaust and engine heat shields.. exhaust for loose screws but nothing suspicious found.<br>For some reason the sound just disappeared by itself, don't know what it was.