250 Engine Mounts

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jack250, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I'm getting a bit of a clonk noise as i let off the accelerator changing gear. mainly from 1st to 2nd, sometimes 2nd to 3rd. I can make it do the noise as well if in 1st and blip the throttle, as the weight transitions rear to front.

I've had a good poke around at all the links etc and all seem ok. All have been changed in the last 6 months too. The only 2 things not changed are the upper engine mounts. Could these be the culprits? When starting the car too from cold i get a knock as the engine fires up, this is leading me towards engine mounts also. I've already changed lower dog bone and gearbox btw.

Advise and help is much appreciated as always chaps.

2. Has the DMF been changed? Does it knock if you rev it out of gear with the clutch down too?

3. Clutch/DMF/slave just done.

Nothing out of gear, just when I give it a boot and let off in first or second

4. You can get the inserts for the engine mount, it might be worth giving it ago. but i would have thought you would notice it in other gears too

5. Fourth feels a little rough at times too+ the knock when the engine fires up is leading me towards the engine mounts? I wasn't too sure if these things gradually get worse or they just go? Hence making the thread.

Does anyone run the powerflex insert? How much vibration do you get through the car?

6. Dogbone mount?

7. Lower ones changed pal. Do you mean the upper rear that also looks like a dog bone mount?

8. to be fair the lower dogbone mounts am shit, mine knocked when there was nothing wrong with it, changed it to a vibratechics one, never knocked since and it been in years

9. It's being looked at tomorrow so will update when we've found the problem chaps

Mikeyjp likes this.
  10. Id also be interested to hear what these are like?