225 Engine mounts or just inserts?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by maddog, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Evening all.

I am looking at changing my engine mount bushes on the 2007 225. The cars just hit 85k and as far as i know never been changed. The questions i have are...

Do i need to just change the insert or the entire mount?
    If its just the insert, do i go for Powerflex road or black series or are there other ones suitable for the occasional track day?
    Are the inserts hard to swap out?

2. Just had a thought....if my mounts are original.......would just adding the inserts not be a waste of money as the original rubbers would be well worn? Any advice before i end up fooking it all up lol?

3. Yeah you’d need to have new mounts as well as inserts if that’s what your planning on doing or you’ll just be wasting your time.

4. New mount as a base, then you can decide if you want insert, i found new mounts to be enough for me bar the lower engine mount which i inserted for engine torque roll stiffness.

5. Cheers for the replies chaps. Ive just ordered the mounts from mister auto for £106 delivered.

Is there a go to site for decent prices on Powerflex stuff or is Evilbay the best route?