Engine mount replace

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by bobsan, May 16, 2016.

1. Nice day for spannering and after noticing quite sudden severe engine vibration at idle decided to investigate upper mount and sure enough worn. Note worn down rubber fins that should touch each mount wall (L&R) are now flattened out ripples. Proper faff to get to, battery holder has so much crap mounted to it. Mount itself from Renault UK £75, same part from an online shop in Berlin £45 inc shipping, will it be like that when we leave EU.

Attached Files:

2. The ripples don't touch the mount walls on a new mount bud.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

3. Yes, was bit ambitious in my description, needs small gap otherwise would be constant friction between rubber and mount

4. Do you happen to have the name/link of the online shop you got it from? I think I could do with one, how did you support the engine when replacing it? Thanks.

5. Thank you

I get abit of clonk when pulling off, generally only for the first time.

I assumed either bottom engine mount, or gear box mount.

The other mount had been done recently.

6. Clonk would be gearbox mount, I fitted aftermarket which is stronger and firmer than factory, and does induce an amount vibration into cabine but soon get used to it and certainly tightens things up, then factory fit the other two mounts

7. Is this for a 225 or 250?

would be interested in getting an uprated mount.

Thanks.

8. 250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk