250 Engine light and blue/white smoke

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Marin Kuharic, May 23, 2017.

1. So i fitted decat few weeks back and i know that engine light will once come on and that happened last week after a good and hard drive(around 100km), but my friends who were behind me also told me that my car is producing blue and white smoke after hard shifting. I also noticed when driving in sport mode around 3k rpm and pull the foot from power and put it back slightly sometimes white smoke cloud is pushed out

20170522_225732.jpg

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Blue smoke tends to be Oil and White smoke tends to be water.

Good luck solving what it is, Sounds like it could be a catastrophic failure if its burnin Oil/Water.

Marin Kuharic likes this.
  3. I know that can be connected with oil and water, what is the best to check first? Compression and see how are the spark plugs?

4. Check fluids first of all. Then plugs.

5. Hopefully its nothing more than condensation, decat tends to allow a bit more moisture through..

6. Will check fluids, but on the dash oard there is enough oil, it says - looooo-l -

those two lights are normal for decat, right? Because when i remove cat on my clio197 it was only one light on dashboard, i think that tool key

7. So here is the video, i am driving in third gear with just touch of throttle and when i am slowing down in lower rpm or if i am parking the car with clutch, so maybe someone had the same issue before i get to my mechanic?

8. looks a bit steamy, i take it you have looked for the usual white gunk

9. it is not burning oil or water and pulling fine

10. I'm pretty certain it's just combustion-originated water vapour if no other fluids are being used up.

11. And this is?

12. Just a product of burning a hydrocarbon fuel, like petrol.

13. Did you ever find out if this was an issue?