Engine help need

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dan225, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Rite as a bit of a back ground story, I snapped a Conrod this time last year and have just got round to fixing it, I have gone for a fully forged engine, everything is completely new bar the block and head. i finally finished it today to find it won't start :worried: it cranks over, I have double checked everything, it has a spark, there is fuel pressure at the rail and I also gave her 10 litres of fresh juice just in case.

i have checked codes on a simple tester and none present not to sure if I need a clip maybe if it all needs a reboot.

anyone had anything similar??

2. Have you checked the injectors with a noid light to check for pwm signal?
    also i would check the crank sensor, if the engine timing is spot on...

3. Gonna get the noid lights out tomorrow, crank sensor looks ok I know that means nothing but it's still firing and would have thought it wouldn't

4. It must be injectors issue mate.
    if the timing is spot on, youve got compression, fuel to the rail and a spark, then the only thing left is injectors.

i would check all 4 injectors with a noid light, then start load testing the wiring from ecu to injectors.

hope its something simple mate and get some pics up :wink:

5. Yeah fingers crossed :smile:
    do u know if new injectors have to be programmed??

6. They don't need programmed mate...plug and play :smile:

what flywheel you got fitted? Please dont say valeo

7. Ok wicked

a ktec light weight one piece, have had it on there for a long time though

8. image.jpg

9. Not not to sure if these links are any good but there's a couple of pics

image.jpg

10. Valeo smf units appear to have the pick up for the diesels, so they dont spark at the right time, etc, so the car doesnt start. Ktec ones are usually fine.

11. Injectors are pulsing, looks like i have a lack of compression though bad times