Engine/gearbox mount change

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by 3hirty8ight, Jun 17, 2014.

1. '07 230 F1

What would be a realistic 'drive in, drive out' price for all new genuine engine and gearbox mounts?

Is it worth considering an up-rated dog bone mount as people have done with clios to stop the worst of the engine rock? Or will that alone vibrate the cabin?

Thanks,
    Henry

2. Surely someone has had this done?!

3. Len charged me £150 Henry. But that included a turbo to cat pipe gasket and sorting the two bolts in my middle exhuast hanger. just needed on hole drilling and nut and bolting due to miltek not quite lining up.

I would avoid the uprated mounts. So much cabin vibration at idle and pull-away.

You could easily do the mounts yourself btw. I just didn't have time with the 205 needing prep.

4. Yeah, the job doesn't look too bad, I need to stop being lazy and DIY it really.. The genuine mounts are my preferred option. Just thinking maybe a combination of all new OEM and 1 up rated dogbone mount may not be too bad!?

Anyone got info on prices of the mounts?

Thanks,

Henry

5. Your looking at around £210 for oem mounts. Have a look in the traders section for Renault Wolverhampton under the post R26 price list. Ordering some myself tomorrow for Mick at diamond motors to fit for me. I'm lazy

6. Cheers mate, That's not too bad then!