Engine and gearbox mounts

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by arch, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Looking to uprate all the mounts on my Rs250

As far as I can see the only after market bits available are the Vibratechnics Torque link for the lower gearbox mount and the black series Powerflex upper right insert.

In terms of the main gearbox mount from what I can see
    I can replace the two halfs with the newest parts Lower part 112535475r and upper part 112200015R and then retap the lower part for an M12 bolt.

Are there any other option out there to stiffen things up, I assume there is another engine mount somewhere is there an option to uprate that one ?

2. There is a bush in the "112200015R" part but I couldn't find it separately.
    Interested to know if there is an alternative also.

arch likes this.
  3. For the upper engine mount, Powerflex do yellow and black (firmer) polybush inserts. For the lower torque link, there's a few to choose from (Vibratechnics, K-Tec). For the gearbox mount, what I did was fit the uprated upper part of the mount from the 275 Cup-S (part number 112212065R), and just drilled and tapped the standard lower part of the mount and fitted a M12x1.5 bolt.

4. I saw Evol engineering on Facebook group the other day selling a lower gear box mount that they developed. Not sure if they do the others but maybe worth a look?

arch likes this.
  5. Thanks Dan but said all that above