Electrical Problems R26

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by mike100, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Right, having big problems this week. Noticed Monday the fans and ac were temperamental, only starting up after around 5 minutes of starting car, then yesterday they wouldn't work at all. As well as this the radio goes on and off, the light on the clock dims and flickers and the light showing open boot on the main dial cluster is always on even when the boot is closed, thus not allowing me to lock the car.

I have checked for blocked drains on scuttle panel and there is a little water there but not much at all and it rained yesterday. The carpets don't seen wet and I have checked all the fuses.

Anyone have any idea what this could be, or anyone had the same or similar problems?

2. Do your lights flicker when on? Best to check at dark could be alternator issue which could mean battery not being charged up fully causing this? Check earth bolts make sure they are not loose?

There may be a megane specific fix but on any car with those problem I would check those first

3. Check the battery and the battery connections.

4. What specifically do I need to look for with the battery connections. They look ok to the eye but I'm no mechanic? Is there a test I can do. The interior lights I think are ok

5. Battery shops will he able to test the cells in the battery. It might need a new one anyway at its age?

6. Yeah it's an 07 so it could be due, ill take it in this weekend. Cheers guys

7. Mine was an 07 and I just changed before selling! It would seem strange though.

8. Even though it starts first time straight away, you think it could still be the battery? I'm not sure if its been changed before as I only bought the car 2 years ago. I don't want to spend out if its not needed as I am having new injectors Saturday then service is due shortly.

9. I'm not sure, it seems odd, but a battery place can test it.