electric window issue

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by JJZ, Apr 14, 2021.

1. JJZ

JJZ

hi as title says got in my car this morning and the drivers side electric window doesn’t work but the passenger does is this the switch or the regulator or something deeper thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

mine recently played up like this, at first it was the regulator so swapped that out for a new one. a month later it stopped again and was regulator but then stopped again and that time the motor had burnt out.

so id start with regulators lol

3. JJZ

JJZ

hi mat so i guess it’s a process of eliminating each job i was gonna start with replacing the switches first undo the connector then just replace both switches do you recon that might work and then if it’s not the switches then take the door card off and replace regulator where is the regulator and the motor on these cars iv never had to take the door cards off lol

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

could be the switch, but ive never heard of one going wrong

if youve never taking the doorcard off a megane your in for a treat,

2x torx under the plastic grab handle cover
    1x torx in the door latch handle,
    remove door pocket
    1x torx once you lift the material covered part of the doorcard
    2x 10mm bolts in the bottom of doorcard
    remove speaker cover

the mortor/regulator is bolted to the doorcard by 3x torx near the speaker

JJZ likes this.
  5. JJZ

JJZ

6. JJZ

JJZ

i am in for a treat matt with this list not simple then but when has it been simple owning one of these cars lol i’ll give it a go and see how i get on cheers [emoji1303]

matt e likes this.
  7. Matt could you please say were you got your motor and regulator from

8. Sorry to jump on the thread but is the motor/regulator the same on a 2006 Clio 197 as the Megane then? Just looking at the ebay advert....……
    My son has a 197 and weirdly, the drivers window won't work when its a hot day but fine once cold! Tried new switch but just the same.……...so assuming reg or motor...….so just wondering if we could use one from a Megane...

9. JJZ

JJZ

so i managed to get this sorted in the end it was the motor on my car so didn’t have to touch the regulator iv only just got this fixed i was driving around for 4 months with no window [emoji23]