175 DCI Egr cleaning?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CJ_RSport, Sep 12, 2013.

1. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Anyone had to clean their egr? Seen a lot of threads on a renault forum regarding these clogging and causing intermittent power loss and injection light which I get now and then
    Mines 07 so probably never been cleaned worth a shot?

2. EGR ? What's that ?

3. I got that problem once, when the msg of injection appers the car protects itself, equal to total loss of power. I change the sensor for 10dlls

4. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Exhaust Gas Recirculator think they only have them on diesels im not too clued up on petrols either that or you own a derv and have removed it lol

5. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

I dont understand which sensor?

6. I mean the egr, and in petrol have it too.

7. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Ahh I didnt know they had them too I think il have to clean it this weekend I think its that as its always fine when cold but when warm it plays up

8. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Update for anyone wondering what the egr should look like clean
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. I want I do this. Where is it located in the engine bay and do you have a guide for removing it? Cheers.

10. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

I didnt do a guide tbh but its not that difficult to be honest its located at front of engine

Take engine cover off and youll see it, undo 7mm jubilee clip on intercooler hose and 10mm nut on boost sensor and move out of way
    2 8mm bolts on bracket to block and 4 8mm bolts holding throttle valve onto egr. Then 3 10mm bolts holding egr to intake manifold and 2 x 10mm bolts on egr hot pipe. I took both ends of pipe off and cleaned this out also. Thats pretty much it to be honest.

Also disconnect negative terminal first

11. Is this on a 2.0 DCI

12. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Yes pal 2.0 DCI

13. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

This hasnt solved my power issue btw guys but at least I know its clean and working so clip reeader time now

14. Thanks cj_rsport. Defo a job for a weekend when it's not in use. What product did you use for the cleaning?

15. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Just carb cleaner and a stiff toothbrush and a rag buddy