Eggcakes black r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Eggcakes, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Couple of pics update
    engine bay with bailey dv and my diy engine cover respray unfortunately its wore a little on the soundfroofing

[​IMG]

ktr blanking plate fitted what a mare hope you have a selection of spanners sockets etc it took me aBout 45 mins and im currently running without a bottom bolt as i managed to drop one woops trying to find another not looking forward to trying ot on tho if anyone knows where to pick one up let me know please

[​IMG]

overall i love the sound even if it does make me a bit of a chav lol

2. I left mine with 2 bolts for a while and when my mechanic mate did a job for me he put it in :-)

3. Yeah it seems ok at the mo don't seem to be losing any boost so alls good in da hood lol

4. I was gunna pull my bonnet carpet off don't do awt anyhow does it?

5. Myns is removed it's just soundproofing really I hae it one my original bonnet which is at my folks bt it's not needed

6. It's not heat proofing then ? That's why I haven't removed mine don't want heat ruining the bonnet

7. Yes mate it is heat proofing a took mine off about 3 month ago and haven't looked under my bonnet since untill today when cleaning a noticed the heat has made the bonnet yellow top is fine still black under bonnet is yellow lol

8. Thats what im afraid of cheers its ok for now it was only something to do one day when i didnt have much on

9. That's strange myn hasn't turned yellow and it's been like that for months now

10. A would post a picture but every time a put pictures up there stupidly bad quality don't no how you guys post good pics

11. My pics are all iphone so mine cant be that good

12. Is your engine cover missing too?

13. Whos I have one

14. R26Lawrence, with missing engine cover and bonnet heatshield, did that cause the discoloration?

15. I had that on my black 172. That color is the base paint used for black, Renault being lazy and not spraying under the bonnet properly. If you look in your boot floor/engine bay or any other obscure areas it's the same.

16. So it's not heat doing it then

17. No not the heat from my past experiences with Renault. I got a tin of paint mixed up and sprayed it black, never had any trouble at all after that. Same as my LY. I have no heat protection on that and it's fine.

18. I'm amazed Eggcake hasn't commented about your 'lack of protection'!

19. Protection is a job for the missus to take cate of lol

20. fitted my short shifter today, after work (5pm) in the dark at the side of the road with a bike light in my gob lol
    it was ok to fit i printed the instructions from the "how to" off other site and looked at that a good few times,
    it does not tell you ho to "un pop" the ball things but i worked it out, all done and running again in 1 1/2 hours
    i have k-tech ind kit and the bracket got in the way alot but i couldn't be arsed to take it off
    other than that it feels better but weird, i only went for a half mile jolly so need to use it more to get the feel for it :smile:

21. You'll soon forget you have it fitted and think how the hell did I drive the car before this? Awesome mod isn't it? A lot more positive. Reminds me of the mx5 gear throw.

22. Can't wait to get it on track :-)

23. I can't wait to do a short shift it looks fairly simple from what I've seen I had the battery and Airbox and all that out the other day so I might have a head start in how to do it

24. I tried it I once and gave up as I never worked out how to unclip the cable, no-one ever includes that in the guides!

25. How do you do it then ?

26. I've no idea, I didn't manage it as it was getting dark.

27. cable???
    for what??
    oh the popper things i had some ser-clip pliers if you squeeze the bits together it opens up :smile:

28. tinted the 3 rears yet ben?

29. Not yet I'm still undecided my mates got a type r that's tinted all round a nice shade I want something similar he's never been pulled so I'm temted need to find someone willing to do it

30. dont touch the fronts just the back 3

31. I'm not sure I like em like that

32. Was up on the roof at work today so thought i take the oppurtunity to take a photo from an angle our cars arent usually seen :wink:

[​IMG]

33. Anything other than that is illegal as far as I know, they look fine with the back 3 done IMO. My old one was like that and thought it looked fine.

Liking the pic from the roof, car looks absolutely spot on :smile:

34. Thats cause your looking at it from far away lol cheers

35. Black is the only colour that looks right with the black outs in my opinion :-P

36. I've got a fair list of things to do ATM so they aren't really top of my priorities I'll get to them eventually I've got cooksports to get fitted remap top engine mount want a bit of paintwork on arches and door chills bloody stonechips plus tax clio skirts and that's of top of my head so many monies:worried:

37. i know that feeling i have tax in 10 days, service in 1000 miles, remap after 630 injectors been fitted, track rod ends and brake pipes

38. Some of you may be aware I had myself a little road trip to leeds this am visited rs tuning for my stg 1 map after a little trouble getting there bloody satnavs lol I arrived and got the car on the rollers

[​IMG]

It was all going well well until Paul tells me my injectors are goosed damn just what I needed any way set about mapping it as well as possible apparently it was fueling 10% down all across the map I'm not sure what this means apart from it's not getting enough fuel theese are the results

[​IMG]

I was hoping for 270 ish but I suppose this isn't bad with knackered injectors

I got home around 1 ish and was straight onto ads new set ordered:wink: Delivery on Monday hopefully the fueling will sort itself out and the ar will perform a bit better the difference is still noticeable overtaking is much easier with more tourqes lol

Also had to tax my car today :mad:

got home and set about getting a new set of wheel nuts on you may know I've had trouble with this in the last I started by getting the car up on stands and removing the wheels after a bit of advice from mark black I decided to re tap the threads in the hub as they were full of rust stopping the new bolts pulling all the way in this worked a treat and I've now got rid of the rusty oem ones although I wish I hadn't sold my taper pro set when it was so easy to get them on oh well

before

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

so all in all I've had a mixed day but will be happy on Monday night when I get the new injectors on if anyone knows of a how to guide feel free to let me know so I can have a quick look through and make sure I know what I'm doing haha hope you all are enjoying keeping up with my car :tongueout::tongueout:

39. I am
    I got some 630 injectors to go in when i go for a map, i found a how to guide ( well someone posted it when i asked) i got mine half off and gave up there was a pipe in the way i think, but that was to get mine cleaned but just got bigger ones, them bolts look nice i need some but gunna do power before looks lol,