dyno reading on r26

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by tom dean, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Hi guys , im new to the forum and have owned an r26 for almost a year now, bought it at 32, 000 miles with full history etc and brilliant condition, it has no done 52,000 and hasnt missed a beat, serviced by myself every 9,000 and i run it on v power, only mods are panel filter and backbox chop. Anyway i put it on the dyno at fcs this weekend and it only made 218bhp, does this seem excessively low or is it a case of each dyno never being the same etc, many thanks, Tom

2. Id say about right especially in this heat too

3. Yes i did wonder about heat soak etc and it seemed they had only a small fan up front. Thanks for your reply

4. It's only 10 bhp off.

Get it mapped and see what it makes.

5. i was thinking of a map, but i am wondering whether it could be the very start of an issue such as injectors (not been changed), and wouldnt want to exagerate the issue through getting a map. Or am i just worrying too much haha.

6. Just to update ive seen a dyno run of an rs 250 before i went on and over 3 runs averaged only 221 so this must be down to dyno, and or temp

7. Getting the car mapped by RS TUNING will be the best decision you could make for the R26.
    My own car made 265hp 5 years ago with a weak injector at RS Tuning with a stage 1.

Utterly transformed the cars performance,while keeping all its driveability.
    Car has never missed a beat..ever..since then.

8. Ah thats good news, i was only going to go to rs anyway, thats an excellent figure for a stage 1 aswell

9. You'll also get some feedback if there are any engine issues restricting potential power output.

10. Yes good point , could do with a bit more poke lol

11. Yeh we could all do with a bit more poke. I am favouring mk3 octy vrs with a stage 2 revo map. Upwards 350 hp .

12. Have you had your timing belt done at all? Or more to the point has it been done properly by someone reputable?

If it's off by even a little bit it'll be down on power

13. I had a map by Paul @ RSTuning, we found out that it already had a (sh.t) map on & it was over fueling like a dog! It was making 238bhp, then with Paul's map, made 261bhp, no other mods..
    +1 for Paul @ RSTuning

nox_46 likes this.
  14. Very nice results , will have to invest, wat was the change in mpg out of interest

15. it went up approx. 4-5 mpg and was loads better t' drive... trouble is, you want to mash the throttle pedal more often !

16. Ha no trouble with that lol