DV or Recirc

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matty1938, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Hi Gents

Cars booked in with engine dynamics in a few weeks for cambelt etc.

I have a air filter I’m putting on this weekend for a little more sound.

I am going to get them to either fit a forge/properfekt recirc or a forge do valve, what do you guys feel have the better sound, is the recirc pretty silent and the dump valve just going off all the time? I do kind of like the idea of getting the air out, would it potentially take strain of the turbo?

2. Plenty of sound with a decent intake and recirc. DV’s will stall the turbo on lift off so Unless you want full chav mode, there’s literally no benefit to fitting a dv.

3. Dump valves sound awful, get a Properfekt recirc

Dale1uk likes this.
  4. Removed my dump valve. It hits against battery cables and one way valves anyway. Removed the foam from stock airbox to give more turbo sound there but still have to install my stock re-circ valve to see if I can hear it.

A dump valve is just another place something can go wrong and I've got a genuine Forge unit. Love the chatter with blank plate and no recirc currently but there's so many mixed views on if it's bad for the turbo etc etc I'll just install the recirc again to be safe.

5. Indeed I've seen many types of dump valves go wrong on many different cars..

What's the deal with the OEM bypass valve on 225s - it's integrated into the compressor housing but are these valves typically durable and do they hold boost well on a stock car? There are also "upgraded" versions available from the likes of Forge etc. But I'm hard pressed to believe aftermarket items would be as good quality as Mitsubishi OEM stuff.

Assuming the car is and will always be 100% stock, the stock valves should work fine would they not? In the case a diaphragm does get damaged, what do the original Mitsubishi bypass valves cost? And is there any benefit from a Forge replacement on a stock car? (I have known Forge valves to snap their springs from time to time...)