250 Dump Valve vs Recirc Valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Charlie Howard, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

I've heard that the stock recirc valve is prone to leaks and failing so I was going to replace it on my 250, my question is should I replace the recirc valve with a metal one, like Forge or ProPerfekt, or should I replace it with a dump valve. Does any offer a performance benefit or is it purely sound?

2. Recirc is the most efficient in reality. Atmospheric is purely for noise. I ran a blanking plate because I am cheap and love chatter lol.

3. Just stupid noise with a dump valve no gains, and get plenty of chatter from a recirc

4. Charlie Howard

I can't hear anything from the stock recirc. I do miss the sound of the dump valve from my 250, both are going to cost the same amount so I just wondered if one has any benefits over the other.

5. Should hear it with a foam panel filter in the air box, unless someone has taken the sound generator out, or fit a cone filter on it, should make a noise then. Ive got both cone filter and yellow spring forge recirc valve, slightly sharper noise than standard, defo louder with a cone filter, also get flutter on lower boost.

6. Charlie Howard

I'm going to be fitting a cone filter next month so we'll see!
    I meant I miss the sound from my 225, that thing made some incredible sounds!

7. I have an induction kit, and you can hear it well through that, as already said there are no benefits of fitting one over the other just noise

8. Charlie Howard

Got it, thanks!

9. I had a cone filter on mine, made plenty of noise - lots of sucking and rushing air sounds as it came on boost. An acquired taste I think but I liked it. When I took it all off to sell the car, it sounded rubbish by comparison. To my ears anyway.

10. Charlie Howard

Thanks!

11. I have a forge induction hose with large cone ram air filter and a forge recirc valve and it sounds absolutely awsome!!

12. Charlie Howard

Ramair is what I'm going to get so that's good to hear!