250 Dump Valve vs Blow off

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matthewdemin, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Сan someone advise what would be better to get for stage 2 megane with Wagner cooler
    I heard not many people setup blowoff on Megane!!!I would like to know why :grin:

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I think it's because we are not driving Fords, also we aren't all chavs :laughing::laughing::laughing:

3. аахахах yep but what will be better to get for my meg?

4. ianplymouth

Just get a Forge or Properfekt recirculating one, with a different intake you will get some woosh if that's what you want

5. thank you
    properfekt will be nice))

6. In my opinion a BOV would get rid of the pressure in the turbo too quickly so it'll be longer to get back up to boost. If someone has a better suggestion let me know

7. Other than the ‘Fast & Furious’ sound (if that’s what you want) there is no benefit to an atmospheric valve other than when fitted to very high boost engines where they need to literally “dump” the pressure rather than blowing themselves up. The Recirculating valves do just that and recirculate/retain some of the pressure in the system which creates less lag.

It’s your call obviously, but if you have gone to the extent of tuning your engine and fitting a larger IC why do something that is just for show (noise) and actually detrimental tuning wise??

8. I have just bought the properfekt recirv valve for rs250.. can anybody recommend whether to use the 1.3 bar spring it comes with or not?

Am getting the car remapped this weekend and have airtec intercooler, mix box and air filter.

9. ianplymouth

Fit the 1.3bar spring, but don't give it to much boot till you have had it mapped, the engine uses boost pressure to push against the spring to lessen the pressure, this is set by the ecu and it controls the amount of air through the N75 valve.

Take the other spring with you just in case but i'm sure they wont fit it, Who's mapping it ????

Sean_192 likes this.

10. 1.3 bar been fitted. Yeah defo thought wont be pushing it and will try and stay off boost as will be 6th gear motorways most the way. Yh am taking the other spring with me.

Leighton from Sabre/ circuitmotorsport in Bristol is mapping it.. not many people heard of him but big in the fords and fiats under fc performance but he can map anything and has done a few meganes and more so has done several of my previous cars and always been happy. If wasnt for that I'd be going RS tuning. He did mention though about this 1.3 bar spring being very strong and not always ideal?

11. ianplymouth

Most cars use the bleed off from the turbo housing to limit boost, the Megane uses a valve that is controlled by the ecu to do it, so you could limit boost to 1 bar, still with the 1.3bar spring.

Put up the results when you have them.

Sean_192 likes this.
  12. you mean you change spring that goes with dump value from the box?
    I order one for me and I don't know change spring or not

13. I have the Properfekt recirc valve and still get the woosh noise on gear change. It’s rather addictive!

Attached Files: