Dump valve removed, forge recirc valve fitted, still getting whoosh noise . . .

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by richmeg, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Does anyone still get noise from their recirc valves?

If i let off on gentle acceleration if still sounds like a dump valve sound . . . if I spool the turbo up more and let off its more like wastegate chatter . . .

Got a cone filter filted so the spin up is pretty noisey.

Whats everyone elses turbo/pressure valves sounding like?

2. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

It's down to the open filter

3. thanks Mark I thought as much, I have a standard airbox in the boot but when I came to fit it their seemed to be a bracket missing where the inlet hose goes . . .

I bought the airbox from a brakers so didn't come with anything unfortunately . . .

4. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Bracket?
    You don't need one

5. does the inlet hose just poke inside the box then? Its a forge hose (not standard) . . .

On the airbox where the inlet hose goes there are screw holes either side like some sort of bracket screws in to tighten the hose inside . . .

Note sure . . .

6. Anyone else got forge hoses and standard airbox? Where the inlet hose goes inside the airbox should there be something there to fasten it??

7. Shouldn't go inside iirc, should go over with a jubilee clip holding it together.

[​IMG]

8. Can't quite see it . . . does anyone have a closer up picture? Perhaps its a diff airbox I have (or its missing a part) but I'm pretty sure the hose is smaller in diameter than the hole on the airbox . . .

9. This is the airbox I got off Ebay, its from a 1.9 diesel Megane . . . there is a close up picture of where I'm assuming the inlet hose should go . . .

DSC02602.jpg DSC02601.jpg DSC02598.jpg DSC02604.jpg

Does this look normal or am I missing something?

10. Wrong box that mate
    its only compatible with an air mass meter

11. bugger. the mounting points line up though . . . has no one else used the box from a 1.9 dci?