225 Dump Valve Plumbing!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by gazmidas, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Good Evening,

There is a dump valve on my 225 which i believe is incorrectly plumbed in.... The original re-circ valve still has the pipe in place, however it is not connected to anything. Now i think i have a couple of options, block the original re-circ pipe or plumb it in according to the instructions on the below guide:

http://www.meganesport.net/dumpvalveguide.htm

Can anyone advise my best option? What will be happening with the car as it is? I noticed when the dump valve internals move when the ignition is turn on / off.

Attached are a couple of pictures:

Dump Valve.jpg

Dump Valve Plumbing.jpg

Regards
    Gareth

2. The way yours is piped up means you should have the blanking plate on the re-circ, or keep the re-circ on which yours has and t-piece it into that pipe but that would be like two blow off's

3. If you want to keep the dump valve just fit a blanking plate in place of the std recirc

4. Would plugging the re circ valve do for now? The dump valve does seem very quiet, is this why?

5. Yeah, you will probable be losing boost so itll be faster and prob spool quicker when you get a blanking plate on