Dump valve fitting info

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Torch, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hey guys just fitted a forge dump valve which is meant for the 250 however used a reducer to get it to fit the forge t piece, its fitted with the yellow spring which is good for between 15-23 psi.
    Is it normal for it to dump pressure at 3k revs static?
    Sorry if I'm sounding like a dunce but just wanted to clarify :smile:

2. Yes.

3. Cheers mate :smile:
    i guess I might need to move to a higher rated spring for stage one?

4. Not really, I have a hks on mine and it does the same, as long as it's a sharp dump sound and not a sound that goes on forever I'd see how it behaves.

5. Got a forge also with a yellow spring that was installed when I was at RS Tuning. All worked well until recently when on occasion rather than dump via the usual pssst sound it tends to well more prrrrt more of a dart noise. Any suggestions from experience should I use the shims or the blue spring. RS said it's running 1.4bar and was working fine for 300 miles so maybe the spring has lost a bit of tension, any thoughts appreciated guys

6. You took the standard recirc valve off?

7. No idea fella had it fitted so wasn't involved. It had the backing plate fitted and the hose joined to the T price from the dump valve itself, basically all as the instructions online.

8. has anyone else experienced a moosing noise when lightly backing off the throttle in the higher gears ?

9. Yes it's because the dump valve isn't giving it's full phish when you let off lightly, that's what I reckon the noise is anyway, happens in all gears if you lightly let off tbh but noticed more in higher gears.

10. thought it might be something like that, damn my sensitive hearing :cool: