Dull/num pitched noise from rear end

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Losi_8_boy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Have my rear seats out at the moment and there is some vibration noise described in the title that is doing my head in when setting of or at lower speeds.

is this a exhaust mount? It makes the whole tailgate seems like its vibrating

cheers

2. Bumps

3. Bump... The noise is there around 2.5k now when driving and slaked the whole rear end?

Possible engine mount? I've had the top left mount down already

4. Does it sound like plastic chattering? Is more prominent with the seats down? If so I had the same noise. I replaced the tailgate rubber stops and the plastic targets on the body (£2 for both stops and targets from Renault) and that has dulled it, however mine is still there but I can only hear it with the seats down now. Sorry it's not much help but for a couple of quid it may cure yours?

5. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Is it there with the seats in?

6. Ill look into it... Don't think it's there with seats in but had seats out for about three weeks and noise has been there for about two weeks now. I think the seats out has masked it