Dropping Sub frame

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by aarroncolley, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Im in the process of replacing my arms and ball joints with poly bushes I’ve managed to do the passenger side really easy the sub frame dropped nicely but the drivers isn’t dropping for sh1t. Anyone know why is there something I’m missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Do I need to disconnect the steering rack ?

3. If you want to remove the subframe completely, yes - but not if you just want to change the arms.

4. The drivers side won’t drop like the passenger side did. Ive had a look and I can’t see what’s stopping it

5. steering rack & lower engine mount will stop subframe to drop because they are in close proximity to the arm for the driver side

6. I’ve taken off the lower engine mount already you recon I should just disconnect the steering rack from the pin inside the car ?

7. So you’re just wanting to remove the lower arms to change the bushes/ball joints, is that correct?

8. Yes mate

9. Think i unbolted the rack off the subframe then cable tied it up out the way when i removed the subframe on mine.

10. Yes i would just remove the bolt but not disconnect it, let it slide off as you lower the subframe otherwise you cannot remove the bolt on the rear bush of the front wishbone because of the body

11. Don’t remember having to drop the main subframe to get the wishbone off. Just the rad subframe to access the front horizontal bolt

12. Cheers lads I managed to sort it last night undone the rack until it was nearly off gave me a ouch clearance.