R26 Drop link nut

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Poppaboost, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Just refreshing the suspension and I’ve got one arb drop link that will not release so it’s going to have to be cut off.
    Does anyone know what size/pitch the nuts are for renault drop links or have a link to them at all?

2. ha ha...hes normally the man.If you struggle just buy a new link from Mr auto from the sticky thread in the suspension section.They are TRW links,as OEM,and cheap as chips.

3. I got a set of genuine ones really cheap, problem being they don’t come with new nuts, trw ones do:angry:

4. :laughing::laughing::laughing: was going to post something, but wasn't 100% sure what the size is, so decided not to answer.

But seeing as your concerned, i think they are M10 fine thread, but don't quote me on it :blush::blush:

5. Yeah done some more digging, looks like they an m10x1.5 so I’ll get looking for some nuts :tearsofjoy:

6. Thought they were metric fine, i have adjustable drop links so not sure what the standard ones are, ebay is probably your bast bet, unless you have a nut and bolt place near you, Cofast etc, if you are struggling i can get some for you.

I have just bought 200 Areotight nuts and 200 Nordlock washers for a Whatsapp group, i have 80 left, these are for the Megane turbo, as they are forever coming loose.

7. Ordered some stainless nylon flanged nuts off eBay now so hopefully they’ll do the job.:sunglasses:
    They the ones for the turbo to downpipe bolts Ian?

8. Could be, but they were for the turbo holding down studs originally.

9. Tex

Tex

Ian any reason you guys went for aerotight instead of locking copper nuts? I have gone for them + nord locks

10. Personally i have used stainless nylocks before, but the guys didn't get the melting plastic thing :blush::blush:

They decided on the metal locking nuts, quite a few of them have have problems with the copper ones undoing a few times, as we all do trackdays its a problem with limiting time driving and spoiling the day.

11. Tex

Tex

12. I can confirm the m10x1.5 are the correct size for these if anyone else needs them in the future.

ianplymouth likes this.