Drop an injector seal into chamber

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Toggerman, Oct 7, 2026 at 3:36 PM.

  1. Hi all,

    I gave my fuel injectors a clean recently and after a couple of days I started having misfires in cylinder 1 with an error code stating it wasn't getting fuel. So I took the fuel rail off again but this time the injector in cylinder 1 stayed in the hole.

    I managed to coax it out but the black plastic cap and the brown rubber O-ring fell into the chamber. I have used an endoscope and can see the cap but not the O-ring, unfortunately I can't get the cap out yet. The piston is near TDC. I've taken the spark plug out and can't see anything.

    What is the likelihood that the O-ring has gone under the piston and what is the worst that can happen?

    TIA.
     

  • Share This Page