250 Drivetrain juddering/shaking at high speed and load

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Bovien, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Has anyone noticed a roughness and shaking in the drivetrain at WOT but only at high speeds (aprox 90 mph+)?

It feels trivetrain related, but I can't figure where to start looking as it is only at WOT and only at high speeds. It's pronounced enough to have me thinking a second time before going through Germany on a trip.

Performance does not seem to be affected, and I've done no work to anything but suspension and hubs (and the issue as been in existence both before and after this.

2. Could be the bearing half way down the long drive shaft..Mines doing something similar.

3. Hmm.. rationale being, that 'cruising' at 100mph+ is smooth as no real power is being applied, but full accel results in judder?

I'll take a looksie on the lift if anything obvious is going on. Not sure if anything will be visible though.

4. Ignore, just noted the post date.

5. You're originally posted response made sense. I'll check my drive shafts for any play..

SomeGuy likes this.