250 Driveshaft fail

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matthewdemin, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Today I broke left driveshaft
    do you have any ideas why did it happen?

also I found that there is a original replacement at a lower price by SNR-NTN
    the question is someone used them instead of the original !!
    here are the numbers
    DK55.041
    DK55.022

a33e993a754521c995d0f6723ebdbe64.jpg

2. :fearscream::fearscream:Seems a twist ice cream! Maybe thats the problem with low suspension that people say? In my garage, usually fit re-build driveshafts and never have a problem, but never change in a RS...

3. I think you right with lowering. And I don't have spacer at driveshaft. Maybe that's the problem.
    In Russia I don't know where to get rebuild shaft((

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Cut the rubber off and have a look inside, it might have actually broken the spider and not popped out

5. yes I will do it at Sunday
    but I have lot of vibration ((

6. I don´t know man, but must to be any place, web or anything where you can get it. Russia is a very big country!

7. ianplymouth

You might have broken one of the fingers off of the spider, there are three fingers in there, there are bearings on the end of the fingers, one of them might have broken up and it is jumping around inside.

8. But can they be changed separately? or do I still need to buy a new driveshaft

9. I try to find it but I really think about Snr Ntn like a replacement

10. ianplymouth

I am not sure, never changed one yet, the ends come off though, had to take mine off to change the rubber boots.

11. ianplymouth

SNR NTN are good for bearings etc so would imagine that there other stuff is good.

Using there bearings in my gearbox rebuild.

12. on Sunday I find out what happened there (

13. ianplymouth

will be waiting :laughing::laughing:

14. I talking about it!!I cross from original number - 391012511R

https://eshop.ntn-snr.com/en/DK55-022-19389102.html

manugtt likes this.
  15. great :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

ianplymouth likes this.
  16. very rear see fail like this even with ppl lowering ride height

i replaced my factory shafts as a precaution after 70k miles with SRN-NTA and can report zero issues for 30k miles and shoving 360 lb/ft pretty hard at them every time driven so would recommend

17. Thats remember me a hillclimb that we race. In JB3 and JC5 gear boxes, those finger fit directly in the diff. Well, one finger broke, and the needle bearings go inside the gear box so...bye bye and race over! :cry::cry:

18. ohhhb thanks mate. such a good news
    I'll buy them

19. Outer CV joints you could buy separately from NTN-SNR, beeing item Nr. OJK 55.026.

Whereas for the inner tripode joints (broken one in the picture) I couldn't find a source to buy them from. These tripodes are reverenced to be TJ92 in the Renault manual and as a lot of other tripods, it should be a GKN part...

It would be best to buy a remanufactured drive shaft from Renault, NTN-SNR or SKF, I think.

20. yes mate
    I can't find inner side separately too((
    I order it Snt-ntn driveshaft already part number DK55.022

21. Oh, just seen, that you're asking for Mk3 parts, whereas above mentioned CV joints are Mk2 parts...sorry

22. ohhh that's ok mate) no prob