Drivers window.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Keithys, Aug 17, 2016.

1. I know this is a tired and worn out subject but i am after some help. I've just had new motors and regulators fitted on both sides, as they both decided to pack up. Was told I also needed a new drivers side switch as it was no longer any good. I sourced one got my car back, passenger window was closed drivers was open. Plugged the new switch in and tried the passenger's window 1st and that worked no problem. Tried the drivers side window and nothing. I've tried the window reset where you hold the buttons down and still nothing. I checked the little connector by the door and that looks brand new and all the wires seem ok.

I just want the window up don't care If it doesn't work for the minute.

I'm at a loss, I can't get hold of the mechanic now who did it so am looking myself at bits but I am not very mechanical minded so have come to a bit of a stop. I know the window can't be forced up so what's my best option to close it?. Will I have to undo all the motor and regulator and then push it up and put something to hold it in place?.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2. It's a long shot but maybe try deadlocking the car. This may put the window up if you're lucky.

Double tap/press the lock button to deadlock. Indicators should flash 5 times I think.

3. Ok thanks I'll give it a go in the morning.

4. No joy with that still stuck down.