Drivers window not working

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Mark B, May 29, 2017.

1. Hi, my window has stopped working completely - luckily it was closed!
    Had a look today and when I press the window switch the relay clicks every time. The relay has been replaced before as the one I have is about 1" square with two wires going to the motor.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plug-Play...324507?hash=item2a33b8059b:g:IY8AAOxyBXNSX9NA
    Recently the window sounded like it was struggling to go up and making squeaking and moaning sounds.
    I've checked the two 25a fuses in the dash and they're fine.
    Would the motor suddenly give up?

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. Really common problem with mk2 Meganes. Have a search on here (and elsewhere), there's loads on information out there.

Some Renault technicians were fixing these window problems as their sole job for quite a while. I think you'd struggle to find a mk2 that hasn't had work done to the windows.

3. Search doesn't show many results. Anyone had this specific symptom?

4. i had the similar problem before. the mechanic told me the MOTOR is fine but the ecu is not working. unfortunately we cannot just get the ecu but the whole system (motor, ecu and the rail mechanism).

5. MY mum had the same on her mk2, eventually affected both sides and ended up replacing the loom i think (after several efforts to fix).

6. Hi guys, I fixed the problem using one of these.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Cube-QT-XTRA-Replacement-module-for-Renault-Megane-window-motor-regulator/281638751755?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
    My wiring had been cut and joined as there was a different regulator box fitted but it's only 4 wires so not a problem to identify them.
    Plastered the whole inside of the door with WD40 inc all window channels etc and now its working silently.
    Might get another one and fit it to the passenger side as a precautionary measure

7. Did you check the drainage holes in the door? It's water that tends to cause these failures - it gets in the door and can't drain out.

Water ingress is the enemy of Meganes, it gets in everywhere. I had to have the A-pillar loom replaced because water had been getting in through the top of the windscreen and had rust it. Car was 6 years old.

idontknow likes this.
  8. It was probably water that finished it off. I'd been polishing / compounding the roof that week so i washed the car about 6 times in 3 days!
    I'll check the drain holes but there didn't seem to be any water in the bottom of the door.