DPF guts removed

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Super7, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get this done on the wife's 175DCi ? Im in Kent, would also need it written out in software as well. Cheers.

2. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Be interested to have this done on my 1.9 daily too!

3. Paul at Rs tuning can do it.
    Lee

4. Ovy

Ovy

Op says he is in Kent? Rs tuning don't have to do everything lol.
    To the op Most custom exhaust places in your area should be able to help as most are doing dpf removal these days.

5. Sometimes you have to travel for the service. Rs tuning will cut open the original dpf take the insides out & weld it up again. You wouldn't know it had been touched.
    Lee

6. Ovy

Ovy

what makes you think others can't gut the ome dpf, this is generally the way the job is done properly anyway,just as important is the reprogramming after, I don't disagree that sometimes you have to travel for quality service and for mapping for example rs have a good rep, IMO for a dpf removal there are many that could do the job just as good in the op area.

7. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

You don't need to open the dpf up on these anyway, no welding needed, the hole is big enough to knock out the internals.

8. Can you suggest somewhere close to the op then.... I don't live in his area and merely made a suggestion of a company that can & will do it. They can also map the lights out afterwards which most garages in the op's area won't be able to do. I know where I would be taking it if it was mine.
    Lee

9. I ask the Garage that looks after my M3 and he said around 2 - 4 hrs labour....about £240 + the queens tax....and no software change. Didn't think it would be that much. Surely someone has had this done in the Kent / Essex / London area ????

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

As a guide I paid around £100 for it to be done but it will need mapping out. In all honesty thats worth a trip up to see Paul at RS Tuning for.