R26 Door Handle

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Geoff230F1, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Hi everyone, I hope you have had a good week.
    My exterior door lock covers were both stripped of their chrome finish when I got the car so after reading through other posts I have ordered a pair and just wanted to check that both drivers and passengers sides are covers that can be removed and replaced. Can someone tell me how to remove them so I don't do any unnecessary damage trying to get them off.

Many thanks

Geoff

2. Drivers side is a full piece and requires a bit more fitting than passenger side which is just a clip on item.

3. You can just lever the passenger side one off and reveal the lock for the key that sit still in the keycard. The driver's side is a cover and rear handle part. Open the door, remove the rubber grommet in the Sid of the door level with the lock. Put a coat hanger with a bent end in the hole and put it around the lever inside the door. Pull it towards you and the the driver door cover/rear handle part (all one piece) will pull out perpendicularly to the door with a bit of wiggling. Slide in the new cover/lock part and the push the lever back in with screwdriver/coat hanger to secure it in place and then replace the grommet.

4. Brilliant, thanks for your help gents. I will have a go today.